Places to go out on a date (that are free)? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Just wondering what are some good places to take your girlfriend to which are free. We are both teenagers so basically pretty broke. I thought for her to come over but my house is really boring (not much to do) and I can't go over to her house.
wannabe mexican
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go for a walk. Throw a frisbee around.
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends what you are looking to do, a walk could be nice, im sure there are some walks if you look for them on the internet that are near where you live. I always think if its not raining a walk could be good this time of year, wrapping up warm and having some good company.
sk:n
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
mmm...window shopping???
but then she'll know your broke
Tw!stEd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah go for a walk, or picnic.
Something cute.
Even just walk around town n have a laugh
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
museums are free
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
and boring *yawn*
(maybe I'm just not as cultured as vapid slut magician??)
rscully
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Walk along the river bank, picnic in the park, bike ride in the countryside, feed the ducks at the pond (might cost £1 for a loaf of bread), camping in a deserted field and watching the stars in the dark, bath by candle light, volunteer at a soup kitchen together.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rscully)
Walk along the river bank, picnic in the park, bike ride in the countryside, feed the ducks at the pond (might cost £1 for a loaf of bread), camping in a deserted field and watching the stars in the dark, bath by candle light, volunteer at a soup kitchen together.
aaawwww that sounds cute
mushroomloves
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
could you not afford just a coffee?? like 1.50 from the local cafe.. or literally just wandering through town, i've bummed around a book shop having a blast before just looking through the books and on the sofas in waterstones.

especially if you find a hilarious sex book with illustrations...

i've got serious issues with the cold so a walk in the hills would be awful. unless you provide her thermals and amazingly warm gloves if she's like me and doesn't seem to have any natural insulation whatsoever.

*EDIT - in the summer walking would be amazing. and highly romantic. yet it's nearly feb... warn her beforehand at least and go in massive ski jackets!!
rscully
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sk:n)
aaawwww that sounds cute
Which in particular? It would be one hectic evening if he did them all
Smack
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just wondering what are some good places to take your girlfriend to which are free. We are both teenagers so basically pretty broke. I thought for her to come over but my house is really boring (not much to do) and I can't go over to her house.
Walk in the park or beach.
Isoa
Report 9 years ago
A park bench with a 2 litre bottle of White Lightning, then wing it from there :P
StotheL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Isoa)
A park bench with a 2 litre bottle of White Lightning, then wing it from there :P
Oh dear, oh dear.

If you're in good company, then it shouldn't really matter what you're doing. Try a walk on the beach, even if it is cold it's always nice. Random walks in general are always nice, a good chance to talk and just have fun.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
and boring *yawn*
(maybe I'm just not as cultured as vapid slut magician??)
evidently
JustLikeYou
Report 9 years ago
mmm...window shopping???
but then she'll know your broke
You could window shop. But somewhere really, really expensive where it'd be impossible for most people to shop. That could be quite romantic and Breakfast at Tiffany's.

You could always stay at home and bake. Or have a picnic. You could do it in a tent in your garden and pretend you're camping. Or do lots of stuff you used to do when you were kids- like make a blanket fort or something.

I guess picnics and baking do cost but you can always use stuff you already have.
tea_cakes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There's nothing better than walking along the beach on a warm summer's evening just as it's getting dark. I've walked and talked all night once before. It was gorgeous and then we watched the sun rise. That was a good night.

Sadly it's not summer and I have no idea if you live by a beach. I like the feeding the ducks/walk in the park idea. I'm sure you could find £1.50 from somewhere for a cup of tea/coffee afterwards to warm up a bit.
Isoa
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by StotheL)
Oh dear, oh dear.
Fine, Strongbow then :rolleyes:
Somebody
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JustLikeYou)
You could do it in a tent in your garden and pretend you're camping. Or do lots of stuff you used to do when you were kids- like make a blanket fort or something.
That! Sounds AWESOME!

Then again, I've spent half the day sitting inside a cardboard box

Though, I'm making into a rubik's cube for Saturday... Anyways...

Erm, What others have suggested really!
A walk around the local area would be nice. Or doing something arty / creative together.

As we don't know what you guys both like, there's only so much we can suggest!
If she's into games and stuff, you could challenge her to a game on a console (I'm things Crash Team Racing / Mario-kart / Monkeyball style!)
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bike rides.
That's what I did when i was a kid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.48%
No (615)
72.52%

Watched Threads