Turn on thread page Beta

BTEC National Diploma IT Practitioners -- IT Project watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, me and my class mates have just begun our IT Project. Im a little baffled on the scenario that need to undertake, for those of you that know the BND for ITP you know that you need to conjure up the scenario yourself.

I would like to do something to do with computers, to keep it basic but also to provide a challenge (if its too easy wheres the fun? :p: )

I have developed a simple concept myself which seems to have mileage according to my tutor but to be perfectly honest i dont know how i would approach this project in order to create the system.

The scenario in basic terms would be to describe it as a program that allows a user to navigate through it and create a computer system by selecting various peices of hardware...

Like i mentioned before this is the concept i would like to work on and any information on how you would approach this task would be greatly appreciated, so if you have any positive feedback or criticism please get back to me

Thank you for your time... Gilly_2008

ReputationRep:
    First of all...the whole point of IT Project is that it is on the computer (not paper based)
    For someone with basic knowledge that scenario is a bit much for this project. The ideal thing to base your project on is a databased where you create a relationship diagram between 3 or 4 databases to make a system. I made mine for a gym and included things like member database.
    Theses will obviously need to be summed up by a ERD and other methods.
    Hope this helps...I got a distinction on mine by the way :yep:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.