HELP: I wish i applied to LSE Watch

mizzsnazzter
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I never thought i would be good enough to apply to LSE, but now i wish i gave it a shot and its always been my dream to go there. is there anyway i can apply without having to take a gap year?
A2 predicted : AAA
AS Level : AAAAA
GCSEs : A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAA
bj_945
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Erm, no I don"t think so, decisions are being made around now aren"t they?

But if that"s what you want to do, then honestly, just re-apply next year. You"ll be in a stronger position if you achieve your predicted grades, and then with your grades you"ll have a good shot at it

If you think you"re going to regret not doing it otherwise, then it"s definitely worth it

Oh but if you think you may get a B at A2, don"t re-apply
Peace x
Maya_beans
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It'd probably be risky seeing as its past the equal oppertunities. but i cant see why not. and if you dont get in . and its where you really want to go. remove your application and apply next year
mizzsnazzter
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by bj_945)

But if that"s what you want to do, then honestly, just re-apply next year. You"ll be in a stronger position if you achieve your predicted grades, and then with your grades you"ll have a good shot at it

If you think you"re going to regret not doing it otherwise, then it"s definitely worth it

Peace x
do you think i could call them and ask them? they will probably say no but is it worth a shot?
Cowtipper
Badges: 12
Report 9 years ago
You need to apply through UCAS.
It's a bit late, but you can give it a go.

Why didn't you apply in the first place?
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't think you'd be able to officially apply if you've already filled your 5 choices and it's been more than 2 weeks. Even then, as the deadline's passed, you wouldn't necessarily get equal consideration from LSE, which is already oversubscribed as it is. Additionally, if you've firmed Bristol, I think that makes things even more difficult.

I think, if you want to go there, you're pretty much 99% gonna have to gap year it and reapply.
bj_945
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mizzsnazzter)
do you think i could call them and ask them? they will probably say no but is it worth a shot?
You may as well try, but you would have to apply through UCAS.

Does anyone know if you could apply through UCAS extra for this kind of thing???

Tbh I don"t think it"ll happen:o:. But yeh if you really think you"re going to get your 3 As, I would definitely advise you re-apply. With 3 As in the bag at A2, 5 As at AS and your GCSE results, you"d have a really good shot.

If not then I"d just cut and run. Bristol"s a good uni

Peace x
tomoli
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Peace x
Err why not? I got AAB at A level and got an offer after re-applying...
bluebubbles
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can try to apply privately. I don't know much about that but I've heard from several friends that it's possible. However, you will have to pay for an application fee and pay tuition in full, like an overseas student.
bj_945
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tomoli)
Oh well ok then. Well Done!!!.

I just thought you would probs not get in with AAB. I still think your chances would be slim, so if she was thinking she would get a B I would still advise she take up on her Bristol offer because it wouldn"t be worth the risk.

Peace xx
tomoli
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh well ok then. Well Done!!!.

I just thought you would probs not get in with AAB. I still think your chances would be slim, so if she was thinking she would get a B I would still advise she take up on her Bristol offer because it wouldn"t be worth the risk.

Peace xx
I think you are talking crap. For some courses you most certainly need AAA, but for others, you most certainly don't.
Lachlan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
For people saying you need AAA, I just got a conditional for AAB. Although this is in Advanced Highers which are often seen as marginally more difficult than A-level, I don't know what the comparative value placed on them by LSE is.
bj_945
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think you are talking crap. For some courses you most certainly need AAA, but for others, you most certainly don't.
Well Economics/Law there you need 3 As, ALevel; 7A* GCSE to be competitive apparently. I know this is Management and Econ so it"ll be a little less competitive but LSE is a G5 uni-one of the most competitive unis in the country-and 3As at A level is hardly a rarity now so you"re definitely going to be up against candidates with those grades.

I"m not saying she can"t get in with AAB but I"m saying considering she"s got an offer from Bristol it wouldn"t be worth the risk to reject a great uni when all these courses have like 10-20:1 application to place ratios and so many candidates have 3As.

I mean in some ways I am in the same position. I was rejected from Cambridge and don"t know whether to re-apply or not. But if I get an offer from UCL or LSE then considering they (+ Imperial) are the next best unis in the UK I would take the offers up because I don"t want to risk slipping on the A-Levels, getting a B, and then potentially getting rejected from Cambridge and London next year.

She does have great GCSEs on her side though, which is good-apparently LSE use those a lot.

Peace x
bj_945
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lachlan)
For people saying you need AAA, I just got a conditional for AAB. Although this is in Advanced Highers which are often seen as marginally more difficult than A-level, I don't know what the comparative value placed on them by LSE is.
Yeh, it"s an AAB offer but that doesn"t necessarily mean they don"t want to see candidates with AAA at AS. Like UCL gives out AAB offers but everyone who had a B at AS from my school got rejected from there without an interview, everyone with all As got an interview so I think they basically have a cut-off in place (this was mainly for English Lit).
paperbagmonster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What the hell, how can you think you're not good enough for LSE when you got 7A* for GCSE?? I think it might be too late. Transfer =\
clara_bellexxx
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bluebubbles)
You can try to apply privately. I don't know much about that but I've heard from several friends that it's possible. However, you will have to pay for an application fee and pay tuition in full, like an overseas student.

*O* how to apply privately?
bluebubbles
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I honestly have no idea. I can try to ask one of my friends. The best thing for you to do is maybe wait a few more weeks (admissions committees are incredibly busy at the moment) and give LSE a call. I'm not sure whether LSE would allow for it but I know for a fact that several other unis do. The best thing is to get directly into contact with LSE.
Vesta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It is highly unlikely that LSE would accept an application this late, considering the deadline for responding is imminent.

If you are serious about applying to LSE, you may need to consider reapplying.
Sam Zare
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ditto :rolleyes:

Oh and if I were you, I'd just re-apply. If your changing your mind this late about where you want to study, consdering how much of a difference there is between Bristol and London, maybe you need a year to really decide what you want from University. I was like you, and was all over the place with my decisions when I first applied. After my gap year, I know exactly where I want to go and why I want to go there, and I'm happier with my choices after having a year to consider all of my options properly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (141)
46.08%
Pro-humanity (165)
53.92%

Watched Threads