Turn on thread page Beta

These days I'm starting to feel like the universities I've applied to are inadequate, my heights inadequate, so are the number of friends I have etc. Does anyone else have advice/feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    I guess i feel like this sometimes, but i find its the only time i think about it is when i compare myself to other people. I just remember that i am me, and what i have i cant change so most of the time i am happy with what i have done and what i have been given. Best thing is to not compare yourself to other people i think

ReputationRep:
    Alot of courses, like engineering, are really similar in what they teach you at whatever university you go to. And its the experience you get after university that employers look at. Going toa fancy university might help you get a foot in the door somewhere first... but after that it doesn't count much

ReputationRep:
    No. If you decide that you want something then it's good. If you've applied to certain universities you'll like them so it's okay. You can't change anything about your height so just be happy with it. Everyone's different. The number of friends - well, I know many people but there are only a select few who I would call my friends - as long as you don't feel lonely, it's not a problem.

ReputationRep:
    I want to send you a hug x

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.