"The holocaust didn't happen..." Watch

applemilk1992
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I know this has probably been done to death, but WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL! What is with the holocaust denying catholic bishop that has been in the news?

This does make me wonder, how can people be so ignorant as to deny the holocaust. I actually find it quite insulting considering my whole family are polish, and I have been to Auschwitz and seen the gas chambers for myself.

How can people deny this atrocity in history? Is there something seriously wrong with them, or do they just not want to realise the evil that can be present in human nature?
Aesop
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There was probably a video on youtube.
pamelaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To make money.
Rosh_123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion I guess.
jamessimth5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Who cares he is obviously a nutjob.
necessarily benevolent
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know of many who deny it completely. Many are merely revisionists who use selective evidence to try and make a case that six million weren't killed. But, they're entitled to their views imo. The arrest of David Irving was despicable.
Idontlikecricket
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rosh_123)
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion I guess.
How is denying the holocaust an opinion? Thats like saying you can't correct me for denying gravity, because it's my opinion. :confused:
Prettyinpunk1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There is so much evidence. He is silly. The end.
CwSj
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why does noone understand? It's a zionist conspiracy...

They killed themselves to make hitler look bad :P
Rosh_123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Idontlikecricket)
How is denying the holocaust an opinion? Thats like saying you can't correct me for denying gravity, because it's my opinion. :confused:
I could correct you, but that doesn't mean that you'll stop having that opinion.
adilmorrison
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He wasn't denying it, per se... He claimed that six million weren't killed... If he can provide evidence to support his opinion, then he is entitled to it...
easy_lemon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe they prefer to believe that 6,000,000 Jews went to a sunny, happy holiday camp somewhere and never came back.

Maybe they are optimistic or maybe, just maybe they are idiots who can't see 2 feet in front of their face let alone the historical truth....
BillyMarsh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
People who deny the holocaust might as well deny that they breathe in oxygen.
CHAMON
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well that's how it is.

The pope was a youth nazi anyway so it's not surprising. I don't go along with the pope **** system but John Paul was better, he tried to make ammends with those of different faiths this ********** seems to sever ties.

An assassins bullet should resolve it all...
musama91
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How is this for a theory - If the holocaust really did happen then those who were oppressed would never have barged into Palestine like that massacred thousands. The oppressed have become the oppressors so it may become hard to believe that their ancestor actually were mudrdered, torchered etc because then they would never do something like that. And for the record, If the gaza massacres took place, then the holocaust might not have.
X123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am not supporting holocaust denial.

However, most holocaust deniers are in fact revisionist historians, as has been said earlier. Most do not deny all existence of the holocaust, instead they revise and highlight their ideas that the holocaust figures are exaggerated and that too much of a 'bad light' has been shone upon what happened. They believe that they can prove it, and so it is not unfair that they hold these beliefs.
Idontlikecricket
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
But cant that possibly be true? After all the 6 million figure only came from a Nazi minister/general, right :confused: Other figures suggest 4-6 million

... and does the Holocaust refers to the other victims as well, i.e Gypsies, gays, Romas or is it only Jews :confused:
I think that number refers to the 6 million Jews killed... but obviously this is an estimate? And while I know many, many Romas, homosexual's and disabled people were killed, I think the numbers were pretty negligible in comparison to the Jews murdered.
robs 91
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CHAMON)
Well that's how it is.

The pope was a youth nazi anyway so it's not surprising. I don't go along with the pope **** system but John Paul was better, he tried to make ammends with those of different faiths this ********** seems to sever ties.

An assassins bullet should resolve it all...
The pope lived in an area occupied by Nazi Germany, if you refused to join the Hitler Youth, they first took away your families jobs and then locked you in prison...
coren111
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just to clarify: The Holocaust did happen, unfortunately.
Nude
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That 6 Million died is completely unfounded. All are free to undertake independant research and arrive at a conclusion of their own - i doubt anyone in this thread has done so. Of course Jews were killed, of course Jews were not Hitlers favourite people - but 6 Million? Haha.

And to OP - how dare you claim ignorance of someone else - you are still in School, you stupid little ******* ******. I am confident that you know nothing of events during that period which allows you to comment on this matter. This is what happens when youth rely on BBC, tabloid and News show propganda for education. Jesus christ.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.76%
No (648)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.45%

Watched Threads