The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
__gabbie
"Sid, Imran and Sing-Chong were carrying out to find out whether..."
political correctness, eh?

Also, if it's any kind of competition, like who got the most marks in a test, then 'Jennifer' or 'Imran' always do better than 'Sid'.
Reply 21
Defcon
There are no questions printed on this page

Do not write on this page

[THIS PAGE LEFT BLANK]

Clearly NOT! :p:
Reply 22
zakiman
God yes!!! They always have someone from everyplace in the world!

Yep, they've been forcing the idea of a multi cultural society on us since our year 2 SATs :wink:
Reply 23
meercatman
That always gets on my nerves. If there's nothing on it then don't put it into the booklet...!

I wrote Tom Lehrer lyrics (in English) on the "blank pages" of a language paper. I hope I got extra credit for it.
daveywavey
A Maths question which goes along something "Ted and Jennifer are rolling two dice......"

Ted and jennifer?

Isnt it always achbellaity and hyptachriel??

Weird werid weird names in exams.
zakiman
God yes!!! They always have someone from everyplace in the world!

Lol my maths teacher at high school was writing a maths text book and he too found having to include names from other ethnicities ridiculous, so messed about trying to get a girl in his book called "mingita"......minge eater.....:p:

And before anyone calls me racist, I didn't come up with it!
Cowtipper
Ashram. ASHRAM.
In case you don't remember him from Maths GCSE, Ashram was the token asian kid they always mentioned when they set up a problem involving stamps.

that's such a kewl name:cool:
nempozpag
Any 'assume' questions in Physics. It may make it easier to assume things but it p's me off.

What's worse is that one's that don't say assume and they just expect you to :p: It's a moral dilemna!
Reply 28
Welsh exams seem to have an obsession with someone called Twm :p:
Reply 29
Meteorshower
What's worse is that one's that don't say assume and they just expect you to :p: It's a moral dilemna!

Yeah, enough to start an emotional breakdown isn't it? :bawling:
Reply 30
Name:

School/College:

I mean, must they ask?
easy_lemon
I always found the GCSE Spanish papers to be of particular interest. They always entailed gruesome stories about spanish life or celebrity events.

In my mock I had to translate an article about John Lennon's assassination and actually wrote down on my paper "Yoko One placed a wreath of flowers on the blood stained pavement"

In the real exam I had an article about how a family were coping after their father was gored by a bull :eyeball:

Cheerful stuff...

the sole reason I got the best in my class for my german mock was because I knew the word for "died"
Reply 32
"Three men and a monkey are stranded on an island..."
"A company has to deliver NR_PROD products to NR_LOC places withing T minutes. Each place has the coordinates [x;y]."

Informatics, damn you for your one-page stories!
Maths IGCSE papers:
"There are three cities. A is 20 miles away from B. B is 40 miles away from C. C is 15 miles away from A."

It drove me nuts.
BJack
I wrote Tom Lehrer lyrics (in English) on the "blank pages" of a language paper. I hope I got extra credit for it.

I got bored after an electronics exam so wrote the number 1 to 150 in binary, with a polite note requesting a mark for my efforts
Reply 35
<statement>. Discuss.

Grr.
Reply 36
Revolution is my Name
I got bored after an electronics exam so wrote the number 1 to 150 in binary, with a polite note requesting a mark for my efforts

Effort :p:
Reply 37
skids
<statement>. Discuss.

Grr.

It's nearly as bad as <question>/questionmark isn't it?
Patel.
"To what extent is this a lousy question"

Latest

Trending

Trending