Turn on thread page Beta

Italy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a few questions about Italy where I might possibly go in July. Do many white british people go there? I ask as when I went to Turkey I saw no other english person at all throughout the entire week and I felt like everyone was staring at me and my family. I would feel more comfortable if there were other people of my nationality there.
    Another question; where is the best place to go for things to see and activities? Can you do paragliding or anything there?
    Are local men very touchy feely like they are in some countries? Even with my family I had men grabbing me or staring blaitantly at me when I was only 15 in Turkey. This issue im not comfortable at all with.
    Lastly if you have been to Italy would you recommend it to others? Is there any perticular place or thing you recommened or would tell me to avoid?

ReputationRep:
    I've been I think anywhere in Italy is lovely but if you want to go to the more touristy areas probably Rome,Venice?
    I've also been to Turkey and know exactly what you mean about the men and I can safely say it's nowhere near as bad as that. Of course you get a few but just like anywhere else really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBeex)
    I've been I think anywhere in Italy is lovely but if you want to go to the more touristy areas probably Rome,Venice?
    I've also been to Turkey and know exactly what you mean about the men and I can safely say it's nowhere near as bad as that. Of course you get a few but just like anywhere else really
    where bouts in the country did you go?
    THats great about the men, I really hated that experience of Turkey

ReputationRep:
    Italy isn't so different a culture as Turkey, you won't stand out here.
    Theres loads to do, theres loads of tourist websites, i'll leave you to investigate and carry on to the next question.
    Italian men are alot more forward than British men, but its normally in a friendly way. They are more persistant, and that takes some getting used to. Saying that this is mostly from experience in clubs, not in general. Mostly during the day they will leave you be.
    I'm currently in Bologna, and its great. I'm having a good time and would recommend here. Venice I went to, and it was too full of tourists to be nice, although i'm sure I went at a bad time. Milan seemed cool when I went there, very busy and city like. Reminded me of London.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Lake Garda - it was well nice when i went a couple of years ago.

Its not too touristy - but i definatly saw other English people.

Ohh and the pizza and icecream is soooooooooo SOOOO good

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.