The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

An Australian source quoting a fascist piece of tat British newspaper. Why would we care what Aussies think? Why would we take seriously what the Daily Mail has to say?
Reply 121
Charzhino
Are we talking about race? Are we?

It's an analogy, you fool. The first black children to attend previously 'white' schools were persecuted and ostracised by their peers: if you set a precedent, people will adapt.

And when has lone parenting come into the equation I never mentioned anything about that. In my estate, there are alot of single parents and there children are all thugs.

Its NOT about the gay coupels its the affect it has on children. They WILL be socially outcast, ridiculed, not given the proper attention only a heterosexual couple can give.

Great; my grammar-school was populated in roughly equal measure by well-adjusted, intelligent, sociable children from single-parent families (i.e. absent a mother/father), and emotionally-dysfunctional, recalcitrant reprobates whose parents had been married since their inception. Anecdotal evidence is fun, isn't it?

The children when there grown up will for sure feel a sense of dissapointment seeing there freinds with mums and dads whilst the child has ''2 dads''. I mean come on this must be plain obvious.

All other things being equal, two dads are better than one, surely? Especially if those 'dads' embody the qualities of a mother and a father, respectively.
tom//
from the herald ""There is an overwhelming body of evidence showing that same-sex relationships are inherently unstable and reduce the life expectancy of those involved."

http://www.theherald.co.uk/politics/news/display.var.2485158.0.grandparents_lose_children_to_gay_couple.php
another interesting article: http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2004/apr/040428c.html

Did you read these articles before posting?
The quote you gave came from a spokesperson from the Catholic Church of Scotland.... how exactly can you expect a clergyman to give a scientific and unbiased opinion on sexuality?

Also, the lifesitenews article begins by refuting a government organization (Canadian Psychological Association) and in essence, calls them liars.

Association made the startling announcement that there is no heightened risk of problems from same-sex parenting

This came from a reputable organization.

Then, a lone 'scientist' comes along, and with no proof to back up their claims, commences to 'slag off' gay people in general and invent reasons against gay-adoption.

Somehow you seem to be favouring the bigoted scientist over the National Psychological Association.

:eyeball:
noo thats not what im saying, but the combined financial "cripping" crisis, angina and diabetes..

If it was just diabetes, of course they could have them
That is not right, 46 and 59 are not old!
Also, going against the grandparents wishes. If they didn't believe in the gay couple adopting their grandchildren it shouldn't have happened.
Well, obviously they should have gone to the grandparents.

If the adoption agency were told the girl was "'wary around men in general", why pair her with two male parents? It will be difficult enough for both of them living with two people they barely know.

I'm going to put this out there; I think gay adoption is fine, from birth - but these kids are 4 and 5, will remember having a mother/be used to having a female maternal figure in their lives (despite her problems), and I think the change would be difficult for them.

I also think it's disgusting the grandparents not only couldn't adopt, but were essentially blackmailed into not having a say in the process if they wanted to see their grandchildren. They aren't homophobic, they are just worried about how their children will be treated at school; that is other people's homophobia, not theirs.

Still, I'm sure (well, I hope) the agency knew what they were doing, and felt the gay couple were best for the children, so good luck to them.
Profesh
All other things being equal, two dads are better than one, surely? Especially if those 'dads' embody the qualities of a mother and a father, respectively.

A man cannot be a nautral mother. Biologcally and or instinctivly. Children are always attached to their mothers when something scares them or they get hurt. This is shown throughout the animal kingdom.
Reply 127
Charzhino
And when has lone parenting come into the equation I never mentioned anything about that. In my estate, there are alot of single parents and there children are all thugs.

Hopefully they may know the reasons for using there, their and they're. Sadly you don't! The breadth of your ignorance is becoming increasingly apparent.
Profesh
Ahem.

Well, let's not squabble about minutiae! :o:
Reply 129
This doesn't prove gay adoption is wrong. It proves that decisions regarding age are wrong. x
Reply 130
Charzhino
A man cannot be a nautral mother. Biologcally and or instinctivly. Children are always attached to their mothers when something scares them or they get hurt. This is shown throughout the animal kingdom.

You're using the animal kingdom as a frame-of-reference for human conduct? Do you realise how absurd that is? Of course you don't. Still, you aren't of any consequence, so I can content myself with having persuaded those who were hitherto on the fence (and receptive to reason).
Reply 131
Profesh
You're using the animal kingdom as a frame-of-reference for human conduct? Do you realise how absurd that is? Of course you don't. Still, you aren't of any consequence, so I can content myself with having persuaded those who were hitherto on the fence (and receptive to reason).

You are a great person!
How ridiculous. The children should most certainly stay with their grandparents.
Profesh

To be fair.. We are actually a part of the animal kingdom :wink:...

And also, its all very well setting precedent but is that actually going to be better for the children than living in a stable family environment with blood relatives where they aren't going to have to overcome all the inevitable nonsense from school kids?
Mad Vlad
59 is old. If you consider that by the time the children are 18, the grandparents could well be dead.

Maybe one, but i doubt the 46 year old would, plus they wouldn't get bullied in school, which they would if they had two dads. Nobody in their right mind can seriously suggest children can have a normal childhood with same sex parents, however caring they might be.
Reply 135
Sarahl89
To be fair.. We are actually a part of the animal kingdom :wink:...

Not for purposes of morality, we aren't.
Reply 136
I don't see why a child would be adopted when it has a biological family who is willing to care for it? They aren't old, and diabetes and angina are not so limiting that they can't love the children and give them a happy upbringing.

I don't have an issue with the adoptive family, except that it seems a bit stupid to give them to a gay couple when the girl is scared of men. They should definitely stay with the grandparents. Although, they clearly didn't do so well raising their own daughter, given that she's a heroin addict and all, so maybe that was taken into consideration.
Reply 137
olivermc
Did you read these articles before posting?
The quote you gave came from a spokesperson from the Catholic Church of Scotland.... how exactly can you expect a clergyman to give a scientific and unbiased opinion on sexuality?

Also, the lifesitenews article begins by refuting a government organization (Canadian Psychological Association) and in essence, calls them liars.

This came from a reputable organization.

Then, a lone 'scientist' comes along, and with no proof to back up their claims, commences to 'slag off' gay people in general and invent reasons against gay-adoption.

Somehow you seem to be favouring the bigoted scientist over the National Psychological Association.

:eyeball:

:sigh: if you looked at the bottom of the page youd see a list of all the sources, so no, its not just 'a lone scientist' at all

check out the sources yourself and read into their experiments
Profesh

Haha, well we are talking about a gay couple. Of course one of them will "wear the trousers", while the other will be a perfect housewife.
bighairedmike
So does everyone love. Its called life. And speaking of potentially life threatening problems...AIDS anyone?

Major wrong generalisations anyone?

BenjiDeane
In my opinion, the Grand Parents should have 100% custody of the children. They are related by blood. Also, I do think that it is wrong that the gay couple got the custody. The children's natural environment would almost certainly be Hetero Sexual, as the mother and father were obviously straight. So, with a gay couple being in care of the children, they will grow up with gay tendancies which would not be the case in the children's original, Hetero Sexual environment.

Yes, because gay people only come from gay parents. Oh no... wait, they don't do they?

Latest

Trending

Trending