The Student Room Group

FP1 Edexcel Exam - Changes to Content

I took FP1 last year and am retaking it for january.
I've heard about them changing the content of the exam, maybe removing certain parts. Can someone confirm this for me, and if so which units are changed?

Help would be muchly appreciated as always, more so as my exam is on Friday =], lastminute.com
Reply 1
If you're re-taking it, you'll most likely be doing the old version of the paper (both versions are available in 2009, I'm doing old FP2 and FP3 in summer).
Reply 2
There are two Edexcel FP1 exams on Friday - one examining the old syllabus, and one examining the new syllabus. You can find information about the new syllabus on www.edexcel.com.
Reply 3
ah safe, thats fine then. cheers
Reply 4
Hi, I'm taking this exam on Monday and was wondering when the course changed, so I know how far to go back with my past paper?
Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Yobbers4u
Hi, I'm taking this exam on Monday and was wondering when the course changed, so I know how far to go back with my past paper?
Thanks

When they changed the content they also changed the exam code (to 6667) so any 6667 exam code will be for the same syllabus.

(With D1 they tweaked the syllabus but didn't change the code).
Reply 6
Original post by Data
When they changed the content they also changed the exam code (to 6667) so any 6667 exam code will be for the same syllabus.

(With D1 they tweaked the syllabus but didn't change the code).

Ok, thanks for the help, much appreciated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
wait, does that mean the older past papers are useless now? so only the 2012 and 2011 past papers are the only ones we can use for revision?
Reply 8
Original post by Sakariya G
wait, does that mean the older past papers are useless now? so only the 2012 and 2011 past papers are the only ones we can use for revision?

Any 6667 paper is valid, papers before ?2009 will have a different code and different content.
Original post by Sakariya G

You can use the 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 papers as well as practice papers, the specimen paper and the mock paper.

So there are about 14 papers you can use as revision for FP1 as well as questions from the textbook if you have one.
Reply 10
ok thanks for the help

are there any main topics i should specifically revise before the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest