I'm scared of the dark Watch

obnoxious
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm absolutely scared of the dark , it's horrible and very frightening. Sometime if I sing loudly when I'm in a dark place I can overcome it , but sometimes when I'm in bed. I visualise in my head , something bad creeping up to my house. It's almost as if I'm controlling this bad thing. When it eventually gets to the bottom of my stairs I sweat , then it enters my room and I turn my head ever so quickly just to find out it's nothing. I can't help these thoughts/visualisations though ?
libertine861
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Fear-the friend of exceptional people by Geoff Thompson helped me to overcome my fears. I say overcome, you never really overcome them as fear is a natural feeling, rather you learn to deal with the feeling and become desensitised to it.

Feel the Fear and do it anyway by Susan Jeffers is suppose to be a really good book as well but I've not read that one. Good ratings on Amazon though and it only cost about 4 quid. (The Thompson books costs about 7 quid).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (78)
26.53%
No (216)
73.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed