The Student Room Group

Foreigners, what stereotypes do you associate with the British?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
My teeth are fantastic. Take that Americans!
ypo
I'm sorry to say it but bad teeth. In Mexico another way of saying bad teeth is dientes ingleses (English teeth).

hahaha that made me laugh.

harsh though :shifty:

whitepearlbaby
Ahem... Just the general ones, I'm sure they've been mentioned before:

-Bad teeth
-Bad manners, often combined with alcohol
-Everyone is a hooligan
-Fat
-Can't cook, horrible cuisine

On the other, more "old-fashioned" side:

-Drink tea all the time
-Rich
-Moustache
-Think they're the best
-Eat After-Eight all day

lmao this made me laugh also.

this thread is funny :biggrin:
Reply 122
These are stereotypes I've heard
Posh, stuck-up, unfriendly, snobby, ridgidly proper, everything is associated with protocol and that the English, more so than the Scottish speak with extremely proper language and grammer.
I was speaking to some Canadian on MSN (wtf) and she said she was eating an English Muffin, and I said "what the hell's an English Muffin?" and she said "it's what they eat in England" and then I said "I'm from England and I've never heard of English Muffins" and she's like "lol".
How does one assume that us mighty British are snobby and rude.

Now depart from my property and get me a scone, lowly commoner!
Reply 125
KirstyK
These are stereotypes I've heard
Posh, stuck-up, unfriendly, snobby, ridgidly proper, everything is associated with protocol and that the English, more so than the Scottish speak with extremely proper language and grammer.

With your review of us I take it your from French Canada.
Reply 126
tommm
I was speaking to some Canadian on MSN (wtf) and she said she was eating an English Muffin, and I said "what the hell's an English Muffin?" and she said "it's what they eat in England" and then I said "I'm from England and I've never heard of English Muffins" and she's like "lol".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_muffin
Reply 127
LawBore
Where does the teeth thing come from? America as a country is more unhealthy than us...

x2 , Obese people are so common in America to , it's disgusting.
Reply 128

I can't say I've ever seen those anywhere. :s-smilie:
Reply 129
Emanon

Get yourself down the supermarket now! :mad:
Reply 130
ChrisLincoln

We have **** fashion sense.

that coming from a french person??
on french exchange, all the french people who came to our school looked like tramps.
Reply 131
on french exchange, all the french people who came to our school looked like tramps.

Agreed, I have no idea why the french stereotype is good fashion sense. When I went there it was the exact opposite!

Ah, how old were they?

The 5 french people i know are 19-22 age range and they dress stupidly well no matter the occasion. They have clothes worth like £100's-£1000's. Its ridiculous. They look like something out of a catalogue when we're in our local pub :P.
Reply 133
Asteron
I think 'ugly' is something which is ripe within all countries. Every country has their fair share of ugly and beautiful people.

Well , obviously.
it's a stereotype, hence a generalization. Im very well aware that not all english girls are ugly, sleezy, or drunk!
Emanon

:eek: Really? They're always next to or near the crumpets in supermarkets.

This thread amuses me greatly. I always found it ironic that the americans think that we all have bad teeth when in every US teen movie the 'geek' characters always have braces (Ugly Betty for example). :smile:
Reply 135
Officer Dibble
:eek: Really? They're always next to or near the crumpets in supermarkets.

Ah that would explain it, I'm more of a teacakes person :p:
Reply 136
tea and crumpets, weynsleydale, wallace and gromit speaking people, ugly fat girls who get wasted all the time and hit on you and girls with scouse accents yelling drunkenly outside my room everyday "I NEEEEEED A WEEEE"-eww nasty thats what i think of the British haha

also brits do have untreated bad teeth, way more than you see in america, take that from an actual american who grew up in...america.

Yeah Americans have just as bad teeth as british, only difference is way more americans get treated for it with braces and all that, theres way more buck toothed beaver people in England then I have ever seen anywhere in the world, no offense brits!
Reply 137
heavy drinkers, arrogant, hot accent :biggrin:

Edit: I forgot about "horrible cuisine".
The english always pull a weird face when they don't know the answer to a question:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gm31cCQHpJo&feature=related

2:55 onwards lol
Reply 139
- horrible food
- bad manners
- loud and fight a lot
- girls dress like sluts
- think their country is the best in everything and is very advanced
- don't want to learn other languages because they think everyone should learn English
- think they are the most intelligent and educated people in the world
- only hobbies are drinking, clubbing and shopping
- the only vegetable they eat is pea
- a very strange sense of humour or no sense of humour at all
- don't want to be friends with foreigners

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending