Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Roughly how long would it take for things to tighten up again down there?

ReputationRep:
    A few hours.

ReputationRep:
    67 years

ReputationRep:
    I thought people said sex was never the same after having a child. Could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I think the advice is generally to wait 4-6 weeks, especially if there are stitches. But if she's run off her feet with a newborn baby, the mum might not even feel like it at that point, and as has already been mentioned, things have been stretched a lot down there so it may never be completely the same again (but I don't know about this bit, I've never asked anyone!)

And please don't call it docking.

ReputationRep:
    never even heard the the term docking before!

Well, from personal experience, my bits and pieces down there did indeed go back into place just fine, and I've been assured that everything feels the same as before (and it feels the same as before for me as well).

And I had a 3/4 degree tear the first time round (which tore past the episiotomy), and a large episiotomy the second time round.

However I waited 3 months after the first baby, and 4 months after the second baby, before putting my nether regions to the test.

It is advised that you wait until you have at least had your 6 week post-partum checkup before you have sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I think the advice is generally to wait 4-6 weeks, especially if there are stitches.
    Stitches??

Please tell me this is not what im imagining right now.. that it sometimes needs to be 'stitched' back up??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Stitches??

Please tell me this is not what im imagining right now.. that it sometimes needs to be 'stitched' back up??
    how else do you think a huge gaping tear is going to get fixed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    how else do you think a huge gaping tear is going to get fixed?
    I actually had no idea there was a 'huge gaping tear' in the first place...

Wow. I really hope sex ed has improved in the 7 years since I had it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)

Wow. I really hope sex ed has improved in the 7 years since I had it!
    Most women tear a little, especially first time. Doesn't always need stitches, but it's definitely not uncommon to have them! Becomes even more complicated when you get an episiotomy (a deliberate cut to avoid a potential worse tear.)

I reckon if they showed people that it would work pretty well as contraception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    lol well not for everybody, but for some there is. (I think mine were so bad due to the size of my babies!)

What Helena said is right :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I reckon if they showed people that it would work pretty well as contraception.
    http://www.aurorahealthcare.org/heal...h44028a_ma.jpg

ReputationRep:

Ouch!!!. Although I have 2 children, I had C sections.

ReputationRep:

Does it hurt? Sorry for the stupid question. I know it hurts but can you explain the agony? Maybe I might want to consider over having 11 babies :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -NiaZo-)
    Does it hurt? Sorry for the stupid question. I know it hurts but can you explain the agony?
    It's a bit difficult for me...

(But under epidural or entonox and with the most pain you've ever experienced going on, I don't think so)

(Saving said that, I understand that becoming incontinent of faeces is pretty uncomfortable )

ReputationRep:
    midline incision is not that common I believe. Mediolateral incision is the most commonly used.

And yes of course it hurts NiaZo. You think that being cut anywhere else on your body WOULDN'T hurt? It's the same thing. They anaesthetise the area though before they cut you though (unless you're already numb from an epidural) but recovery from the cut hurts a lot. The worst part is when you pee. It's the equivalent of pouring acid onto a cut. Hurts like absolute hell. I used to grip the toilet roll so tightly every time I peed that I used to crush them. It's horrible.

Oh and I used to keep a jug by the toilet so every time I peed I could throw water down there at the same time to try and dilute the urine. It only helps a tiny bit though.

ReputationRep:
    Ouchhh.. seriously I am having a headache just by reading.. Mom I LOVE U!!!

I checked youtube just now and searched for baby delivery videos. Obviously, it is not like a pizza delivery (OHHH if only its that easy), its like push push push.. :eek:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v2cBsE...eature=related :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    This is what puts me off having children!

ReputationRep:
    *crosses legs*

I'm definately in no rush to have a kid.... and that's slowed me down even more! Ouch!

ReputationRep:
    I think I was being very naive. I didn't really know that happened and now I now feel sorry for every woman every to have a child lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.