btec nat dip / engineering degrees Watch

dubdogdave
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Studying for advanced national diploma in engineering and want to go on to higher education.
Has anyone out there any experience of this?
How hard is it to study a degree with A level students, will I keep up?
*AllyBaba
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I do a national diploma and regret it so so much. I just wish I'd done A levels instead
dubdogdave
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
why do you regret not doing a levels? what degree are you studying and where?
Thanks!!
*AllyBaba
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dubdogdave)
why do you regret not doing a levels? what degree are you studying and where?
Thanks!!
I do a National Diploma in Animal Management at Myerscough College. I have 2 friends that are currently studying at Aberystwyth University doing zoology. One did my course and the other took A levels. The boy who went to my college had to take a foundation degree before he went onto the proper degree with my other friend. He struggles compared to my A level friend, it's not a case of my A level friend being generally brighter either. I'd say they were about the same in terms of intelligence. I'm worried that when I go on to university I'm going to struggle aswell and just wish I'd taken A levels instead now
Sir Galahad
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by *AllyBaba)
I do a National Diploma in Animal Management at Myerscough College. I have 2 friends that are currently studying at Aberystwyth University doing zoology. One did my course and the other took A levels. The boy who went to my college had to take a foundation degree before he went onto the proper degree with my other friend. He struggles compared to my A level friend, it's not a case of my A level friend being generally brighter either. I'd say they were about the same in terms of intelligence. I'm worried that when I go on to university I'm going to struggle aswell and just wish I'd taken A levels instead now
Now I worry, I'm starting at Myerscough this year and thats not what I wanted to hear.
*AllyBaba
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sir Galahad)
Now I worry, I'm starting at Myerscough this year and thats not what I wanted to hear.
Lol sorry

Just one piece of advise and you should be fine. Aim for distinctions in all modules. Basically be the class geek, don't listen to what others say about you doing all your work etc etc. I wish I'd done it, if I had I think I'd be at a much better advantage than I am now. Saying that are you going to be studying at the Preston Centre? They're more strict than the out-centres such as Wythenshawe, Croxteth etc.

I think you stand a better chance if you go to the main centre, better facilities and better teaching quality

PS- If you're going to the Wythenshawe centre don't tell Elaine I *****ed about her college Better she never knows. She's an amazing tutor, just not well equipped so we all suffer as a reasult
Sir Galahad
Report 9 years ago
Hehe. Yeah i'm going to the main centre to do National Diploma in Motorsports.

So, don't worry. I can't tell you *****ed. :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
30%
No (42)
70%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed