If you look after it properly and keep it clean, yes. As for the pain - yeah, a little but it's over so fast you won't get a chance to worry about it.
Getting holes punched into your body generally hurts.
As riotstar said, as long as you look after it it should be safe. Go to a reputable piercing place thing. Not somewhere like Claire's Acccessories, go somewhere where it's peoples main job to pierce you properly!
Yes, it's safe, but that doesn't mean it won't look stupid.
is there a possiblity of it going through the eye socket like if you banged your head or something?
As long as you go to a reputable piercer and clean it thoroughly there's little chance of it going wrong, have also heard it's one of the least painful places to get pierced.
Been told that eyebrow bars and rings work their way to the surface eventually (eww!) so keep in mind that it isn't going to last forever.
Just to repeat people really:
- Yes it has risks. As does pretty much any other piercing, but I suppose people get more worried about it because it's so close to your eye where as your earlobe isn't close to anything "scary"!
- Some eyebrow piercings do move and get rejected but it's just a risk you take!
- As for it being ripped out easily - yes there is that risk, but there's also a risk for belly bars, earrings, nipple piercings....just be careful when trampoling etc etc!
- Most important thing: GO TO A REPUTABLE PLACE!! Personally, I'd take a risk with places like Claires for earrings but something like your eyebrow that requires a needle as opposed to a gun, I went to a registered, reputable jewellery store where I'd had my belly bar and previous eyebrow ring done (I let it close up) as I knew the guy and knew what he was like and also knew he was registered! Look places up on the internet, see if they've registered with...I think it's the council you can register with but you'll soon see where have certificates etc! I went to visit mine before I had it done as well just to see the cleanliness etc (mum trained as a nurse, was very serious about needle cleaning etc, made sure I went to a "nice" place for my belly bar and eyebrow!).
- I personally found it hurt a lot less that my eyes and nose but I think pain is subjective - some people find it hurts far more than anything else, some people find it doesn't hurt at all. But many people have it done, so it's bearable!
I never knew an eybrow peircing could be done with a gun? I reallly like how they look ,but I have a thing about eyes and dont know if I could go through with it . I realllly want one tho!!. Can you change eyebars often?
It's certainly more likely to grow out than other piercings - it's practically surface, and the flesh is much thinner than other areas, say your lip or nostril. As long as you go to a reptuable place, where they sterilise their equipment and wear rubber gloves and use brand new forceps and needles straight out of the packaging right before your very eyes, and make you sign consent forms, and all sorts of other measures that define a "reptuable" piercing parlour, then yeah, it's about as safe as getting a needle poked through somewhere it shouldn't get poked through can be. Naturally, there will be risks. Just depends on how much you want it, and therefore how well you treat it afterwards, and how sensible you are in your decisions.