?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
does it hurt?
riotstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you look after it properly and keep it clean, yes. As for the pain - yeah, a little but it's over so fast you won't get a chance to worry about it.
Forsaken
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Getting holes punched into your body generally hurts.

As riotstar said, as long as you look after it it should be safe. Go to a reputable piercing place thing. Not somewhere like Claire's Acccessories, go somewhere where it's peoples main job to pierce you properly!
The Mute
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes, it's safe, but that doesn't mean it won't look stupid.
Dumdedoobie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've heard that if they do it in the wrong place you go blind, or it can give you a twitch kind of thing.

Maybe its just rumours though
russiaismyvogue
Rep:
?
is there a possiblity of it going through the eye socket like if you banged your head or something?
Forsaken
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahhhh ewwww eyesssss

*Cowers at the thought of needles in eye sockets >.< *

I don't think it's possible though, except by massive freak accident. The bar's not very long and you'd have to hit it reallllly hard at exactly the right angle, I'da thought.

I'm no professional but I'd say you're about as likely to do that as you are to accidently get an earring through your neck :p:
riotstar
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by russiaismyvogue)
is there a possiblity of it going through the eye socket like if you banged your head or something?
Really not gonna happen - they're easier than you'd think to get ripped out though, my friend lost hers to a hairdresser's brush of all things.
Hisoo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As long as you go to a reputable piercer and clean it thoroughly there's little chance of it going wrong, have also heard it's one of the least painful places to get pierced.

Been told that eyebrow bars and rings work their way to the surface eventually (eww!) so keep in mind that it isn't going to last forever.
deleted
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just to repeat people really:

- Yes it has risks. As does pretty much any other piercing, but I suppose people get more worried about it because it's so close to your eye where as your earlobe isn't close to anything "scary"!

- Some eyebrow piercings do move and get rejected but it's just a risk you take!

- As for it being ripped out easily - yes there is that risk, but there's also a risk for belly bars, earrings, nipple piercings....just be careful when trampoling etc etc!

- Most important thing: GO TO A REPUTABLE PLACE!! Personally, I'd take a risk with places like Claires for earrings but something like your eyebrow that requires a needle as opposed to a gun, I went to a registered, reputable jewellery store where I'd had my belly bar and previous eyebrow ring done (I let it close up) as I knew the guy and knew what he was like and also knew he was registered! Look places up on the internet, see if they've registered with...I think it's the council you can register with but you'll soon see where have certificates etc! I went to visit mine before I had it done as well just to see the cleanliness etc (mum trained as a nurse, was very serious about needle cleaning etc, made sure I went to a "nice" place for my belly bar and eyebrow!).

- I personally found it hurt a lot less that my eyes and nose but I think pain is subjective - some people find it hurts far more than anything else, some people find it doesn't hurt at all. But many people have it done, so it's bearable!

xxx
zav
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hisoo)
As long as you go to a reputable piercer and clean it thoroughly there's little chance of it going wrong, have also heard it's one of the least painful places to get pierced.

Been told that eyebrow bars and rings work their way to the surface eventually (eww!) so keep in mind that it isn't going to last forever.
This is just them healing over I don't see the need for the squeamishness. If this happens you can just have it redone but I have had mine for five years and it has no signs of doing this.
Hisoo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by zav)
This is just them healing over I don't see the need for the squeamishness. If this happens you can just have it redone but I have had mine for five years and it has no signs of doing this.
I've always been told that surface piercings, mainly eyebrow work their way to the surface and have got friends where this has happens. Obviously not everytime clearly.
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hisoo)
I've always been told that surface piercings, mainly eyebrow work their way to the surface and have got friends where this has happens. Obviously not everytime clearly.
i think roughly a third to half of eyebrow piercings eventually reject. obviously this chance is reduced by going to a decent piercer
zav
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hisoo)
I already stated that they can heal over and not all the time. What's your point?
russiaismyvogue
Rep:
?
I never knew an eybrow peircing could be done with a gun? I reallly like how they look ,but I have a thing about eyes and dont know if I could go through with it . I realllly want one tho!!. Can you change eyebars often?
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I never knew an eybrow peircing could be done with a gun? I reallly like how they look ,but I have a thing about eyes and dont know if I could go through with it . I realllly want one tho!!. Can you change eyebars often?
They cannot and should not.
zav
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
They cannot and should not.
:ditto:

Get it done in a proper place and everything should be fine.
Fleuves
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's certainly more likely to grow out than other piercings - it's practically surface, and the flesh is much thinner than other areas, say your lip or nostril. As long as you go to a reptuable place, where they sterilise their equipment and wear rubber gloves and use brand new forceps and needles straight out of the packaging right before your very eyes, and make you sign consent forms, and all sorts of other measures that define a "reptuable" piercing parlour, then yeah, it's about as safe as getting a needle poked through somewhere it shouldn't get poked through can be. Naturally, there will be risks. Just depends on how much you want it, and therefore how well you treat it afterwards, and how sensible you are in your decisions.
deleted
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I never knew an eybrow peircing could be done with a gun?
It can't!! If it was my first post that suggested it, sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like it can! I just meant that ears can be done with a gun but eyebrows can't! If they try and do it with a gun, they aren't doing it right!
zav
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by deleted)
It can't!! If it was my first post that suggested it, sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like it can! I just meant that ears can be done with a gun but eyebrows can't! If they try and do it with a gun, they aren't doing it right!
Nobody is stupid enough to actually do that are they? :sigh:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads