Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can give their opinion please. I need to send them my clearing passport to do pharmacy but the thing is I haven't even seen what the city or the uni is like, I have searced for it on tsr and most people say it has a bad reputation. Just any opinions would be good please.

ReputationRep:
    i don't live to far away from sunderland, and it's well, it's like any other city in the country really. it has it good parts, and its bad parts. i'm not quite sure where the university is in the city, but i have seen some of the accommadation and it was along the riverfront, and it looked quite snazzy really! but that was just from the outside.
    i've got a couple of friends who are starting at sunderland next month, and they all seem to be looking forward to it. I'm not saying its best university in the country, but i don't think it's worse either!

hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    do you think you could possible provide with me their msn perhaps to talk too?

ReputationRep:
    i don't actually have their msn address, sorry.
    if you look a bit further down on the universities forum there is a couple of posts about sunderland uni, particularily paramacy.

actaully, heres the link! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=447106

ReputationRep:
    yer had a look at it, my dad wants to me to give them the clearing passport and isnt arsed about whether I look at it or not.

ReputationRep:
    i got into my university through clearing. i accepted the place through them without going to look at it beforehand, and then did go up a week or so later and was pleasently surprised. (i was expecting the worst though)

good luck with whatever you decided to do.

ReputationRep:
    thanks , the whole shared bathroom thing is offputting considering theres only 2 toilets.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for this year?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Computing, going to the open day on the 23rd hopefully (Last open day I went to in Bournemouth we lost the car, so have to find another mode of transport before then)

ReputationRep:
    Went to the open day today... (3 hours in the car...)
    And I really wasn't impressed. ;/

Course sounds good but the equipment and location I didn't think much to.

Still- had a good day out though haha xo

ReputationRep:
    Well I study at Sunderland for the AI degree (now been taken off the list sadly) but its a good university to go to and the lecturers are pretty helpful ^^

ReputationRep:
    Well I study at University of Sunderland and I think its quite a good university. The facilities are very good and I heard the pharmacy was very good here.
    The halls are kinda okay, Clanny House is the standard for the first year and its okay but its about 1 mile from the main city centre (not too far and there is a free campus bus).

ReputationRep:
    I study at the University. Im doing a combined honours in computing and education and I am really enjoying myself. The city as a whole is good, ive experienced no problems, the accomodation isnt pretty decent, for student accomodation and there are plenty of opportunities to get involved.

If anyone wants to ask any specific questions then feel free to add me to MSN

MOD EDIT: please don't post email addresses on the forum

ReputationRep:
    I do computing and education at Sunderland I think the facilities are good, although I dont know what course you are applying for so cant comment on your course specific facilities, but overall it is a good university.

ReputationRep:
    Im currently starting my A2's and i just wanted to know who is going to the University of Sunderland 2009 entry to study Business and Management ?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    come for the football.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing combined honours business management and English Language/Linguistics in 2009 :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valy)
    Anyone can give their opinion please. I need to send them my clearing passport to do pharmacy but the thing is I haven't even seen what the city or the uni is like, I have searced for it on tsr and most people say it has a bad reputation. Just any opinions would be good please.
    Im also in same position, got ABC and so would be able to enrol but never been there and dont know a thing about it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nekokat)
    Well I study at University of Sunderland and I think its quite a good university. The facilities are very good and I heard the pharmacy was very good here.
    The halls are kinda okay, Clanny House is the standard for the first year and its okay but its about 1 mile from the main city centre (not too far and there is a free campus bus).
    How much does it cost for a normal room, and also an ensuite per week?
    i hear its cold up there?
    are there many asians about? and any asian takeaways/restaurants?
    cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark1988)
    I do computing and education at Sunderland I think the facilities are good, although I dont know what course you are applying for so cant comment on your course specific facilities, but overall it is a good university.
    Im might be studying Pharmacy up there, whats that like at sunderland?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Sunderland Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Sunderland ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Sunderland applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.