?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
or not? and why?
steeler4life
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like having the freedom to do what i want, and learning to look after myself. But, cos me and my flatmates all do very different subjects, i don't see them that much, so it can get kinda lonely. Whereas at home, there would always be someone else around.
timetokill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not particually. Im a second year and im just bored of being a student if im honest.

It had its novelty at first, I mean moving out of home was great, and having lectures was initially pretty cool, the bar crawls and parties etc were fun in the beginning, but by the end of first year I personally feel that it all became a bit repetitive and old.

Its not that im uninterested in my subject or anything like that, but ive just been in the education system for coming up 20 years and im just sick of it. Im Bored of lectures, bored of being taught, bored of exams and coursework and revision. Im bored of having no spare money ever.

Im starting to get bored of the otherside of uni life now aswell. Im sick of sharing a flat with 5 other people- I just want my own space. Im bored of hearing people talk about going out and getting drunk as though it were some kind of achievment. Its all just not very fun anymore.
FunLady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've yet to start but i'm looking forward to it though!
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes.
Rosie18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not really, I find student life pretty boring. Can't wait to graduate and start living life for real
suicidal_dream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
its boring now...

only 6 months til graduation =] so that'll be pretty sweet... will actually be able to get on with my life and do thing i havent been able to do whilst at uni.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's okay.

First year seems to be A-level all over again and is pretty boring and unchallenging. Student life, however, is quite dull for me. I generally dislike the "student" behaviour that everyone attempts to live up to; i.e. the whole "Oooh i stole a traffic cone, I'm such a student, arn't I?".

I think if I had more lectures/workshops and some lab stuff, I'd be much happier.

However, bottom line is: It's just like being at sixthform, except you live there.
anteguardian
Report 9 years ago
I absolutely love it ^^
Im surrounded by people i really love; both in my flat and around town; so theres always something to do, somewhere to go, someone to talk to... its very refreshing because that wasnt the case back home.

I do Fine Art, so thats something enjoyable i can do in my spare time, as well as in lectures and practicals, but i dont like the exams :P who does? haha... but they must be done

I get a tingle inside just thinking about it ^^
Lizj
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Uni life is like life anywhere and any time. It's like school or work - it's got its ups and downs. There are nice people and nasty people, some of it is interesting and fun, some of it is boring and gets you down.
Yeah, I like it here and now I don't want to leave, but that doesn't mean that it has been a whole bundle of laughs from start to finish.
MikeHarris
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This thread is helping me look forward to uni 0_o
russiaismyvogue
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
personally ,it's grating on me at the moment.
loopykitten!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well i was kind of enjoying it, but im not any more, im only in first year but i think i have messed up my whole university experience. Ive come home for the weekend and considering not going back.
I really like the freedom and everything but dont seem to have made that many friends, i have on my course but like i said ive messed that up.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i too am sick of learning.
im sick of all the people doing easy subjects who sleep all day and party all night, and im doing loads of work.
im sick of catered food.
just want to get a boring 9-5 job.
rave at the weekend till im 30 then....
x.Crystal.x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Uni has been the loneliest and most depressing days of my life. And the work load is ridiculous i seem to be working day and night, weekdays and weekends! I loved my course before uni, now i despise it! So, no, not really.
BurnOutOrFadeAway
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i dont really like my course anymore,

But, I love being at uni, sure I've had points where I hated it. but really I love it here, I dont want to leave!
xJessx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by timetokill)
Not particually. Im a second year and im just bored of being a student if im honest.

It had its novelty at first, I mean moving out of home was great, and having lectures was initially pretty cool, the bar crawls and parties etc were fun in the beginning, but by the end of first year I personally feel that it all became a bit repetitive and old.

Its not that im uninterested in my subject or anything like that, but ive just been in the education system for coming up 20 years and im just sick of it. Im Bored of lectures, bored of being taught, bored of exams and coursework and revision. Im bored of having no spare money ever.

Im starting to get bored of the otherside of uni life now aswell. Im sick of sharing a flat with 5 other people- I just want my own space. Im bored of hearing people talk about going out and getting drunk as though it were some kind of achievment. Its all just not very fun anymore.
I feel the same and I've only been in education for 14 years lol. The thought of postgrad training if I want to do what I want to do (teach) depresses me. I'm sick of being poor, I don't have time to do driving lessons and I'm bored of revision
Tinkerbee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am no longer at uni, but no I didn't like uni life at all.
I'm not a fan of large groups of people. I have low tolerance levels, and cant really fake getting on with people I have nothing in common with. :o:
I don't like drinking, dancing blah blah or general studenty stuff.
I couldnt stand living in halls. Or in a town for that matter.
I had practically no lectures, it was ridiculously boring. And sharing a fridge drove me mad.

Ahem :o:
easy_lemon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's been okay, the course is interesting enough but there is a part of me that longs for the day when I can buy milk again with the confidence that when I place the bottle in the fridge I can return to find it just as it was rather than half-drunk
bringitonhome
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This is making me look forward to uni
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.82%
No (661)
60.7%
Not really bothered about them (223)
20.48%

Watched Threads