Should I retake my GCSE Maths?
I am doing a BSc with the Open Uni and have been thinking of re-doing A Levels. I got a C in the Maths intermediate paper (don't have this anymore) and find most places wanted a B to do A Level so should I go for the GCSE Higher paper or try my luck with AS Level Maths, but what AS Level - Pure, C+M, C+S, C+D (don't think anyone actually does that one).
You may think it strange that I want to go back and do A Levels but I totally messed them up the first time round.
Have you not asked a tutor about this? But if you are now with an open uni who accepted your C, why would you want to go back and do it again?
If you got a C at GCSE its prob better not bothering with something in your life that involves maths, wouldn't recomend A level for you
yeah I've seen that at a few places
I'm not sure if I should go for Maths or Maths & Stats with OU lol also Birkbeck - 5yrs including Mathematical Studies (Certificate of Higher Education)
* Mathematics: Parts 1–3
* Further Mathematics: Parts 1–3
* Personal Progress and Development Planning
* Study and Research Skills for Physics and Mathematics.
* Algebra 1: Techniques and Applications
* Calculus 1: Single Variable
* Proof and Structure in Mathematics.
* Probability and Statistics
* Discrete Methods
* Calculus 2: Multivariable and Differential Equations.
Years 3 and 4
* Algebra 2: Theory and Structure
* Problems in Mathematics
* Real and Complex Variable.
A choice of three other options, including:
* Calculus 3: Transforms and Models
* Computational Mathematics
* Games, Choice and Optimisation
* Number Theory and Geometry
* Statistics: Theory and Practice.
Don't think I could do I self study Maths degree