Turn on thread page Beta

Introduction Issues... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am doing my psychology coursework on Leading Questions. I have found research studies and obviously loftus and Palmer is the study which my coursework study is based on, however, I am struggling with the concept of 'broad'. Im not quite sure where to start. I want to start generally with EWT but Im not sure if that is broad enough. :confused:

This coursework is such a nightmare!!

Any insight would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah EWT is broad enough. An introduction is just to discuss research in that area, so yeah, that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    Ive done a first draft of my introduction now. I managed to get plenty of studies from EWT, Im glad that I didnt have to attempt to go more broad.

Another question though - how much evaluative information do you need to write in the introduction? Ive done mostly just the explainations of studies...Im not sure if thats enough...

ReputationRep:
    Ah you're doing the same as me! *high five*
    I'm not evaluating the studies, I read the examiners report for coursework and it said why would they want to replicate the study if they prove it's fundamentally flawed in the first place? Or something to that effect!

ReputationRep:
    *high five back*

That makes sense, Im a little insecure about the quality of my work so I was kind of unsteadied by hearing what other people had done. I suppose its just like a path of how you got to where you were, it doesnt have to have too much detail...

Thanks for your help!! I just hope I can do the rest of the coursework now :s

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 30, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.