Is university work the debt? Watch

J4GGYBoss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Should you enjoy yourself now i.e spend spend spend and worry about the debt later in life on the basis you get a job or actually care about whats happening now? Is university worth it basically. work?! worth* lol sorry just woke up :P
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
... since when was the main point of university to spend money? I know someone who only spent £350 on top of rent. God knows how, but she did.
Ian-Mac
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I am fully aware that I am going to get into thousands of pounds worth of debt but in all fairness I do not care. I do care but I am ignoring the debt that I am going to receive and just treat it as something that is there. Last year I was offered a high paid job from a friend but I turned it down because university is something I would like to do with my life. You can’t really put a price on the experience. That is why the government exploit young people and treat them as cash cows.
J4GGYBoss
Rep:
?
good point
Orthala
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have learnt a lot at univeristy and not in terms of my degree.

Although I aiming to be on £25k+ when I graduate so I am sure I wouldn't be on that if I didn't go to university (although I could be on £20k now if I stayed at Dominos and gone partime to fulltime lol)

However saying that I don't know if its worth getting into £24k of debt.
J4GGYBoss
Rep:
?
(Original post by Orthala)
I have learnt a lot at univeristy and not in terms of my degree.

Although I aiming to be on £25k+ when I graduate so I am sure I wouldn't be on that if I didn't go to university (although I could be on £20k now if I stayed at Dominos and gone partime to fulltime lol)

However saying that I don't know if its worth getting into £24k of debt.
good point lol, dominos wooo their sales have tripled or something.
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'll be in massive amounts of debt when I finish university, and earning a figure that I could easily have exceeded without going; but as other have said, you can't put a price on the education and experience.
lodzinski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
depends how much it will increase your future earnings. I think for me it will be, but it's still a big amount of debt for potential gains.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.55%
No (476)
72.45%

Watched Threads