The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Xristina
why ?

Imperial Japan during WW2

They committed atrocities throughout Asia. For example the Rape of Nanking... Absolutely horrible.

East Asian and South East Asians particularly dislike the Japanese.
russiaismyvogue
Because they're who I think are the most disliked.

The Irish seem to be most loved to be honest. Using an Irish passport is less risky than a British one.

Plus in America (well particularly Boston) everyone seems keen to claim Irish heritage.
whitepearlbaby
There's a difference between horse and human. A slight one.

I'm making the point that it's culturally accepted to do things on some countries that aren't accepted in others.

You're right though, you can get 4 thighs per horse! :p:
Reply 43
russiaismyvogue
Because of the Nazis:smile:

Bit harsh. I think most of the people who dislike the Germans these days do so because of their reputation to be pushy and arrogant, traits which I've found to be pretty much false on my trips to Germany. Lovely people.

Although I have to agree with German Turks being pretty obnoxious. Not had good experiences with them.
pinkpont
Bit harsh. I think most of the people who dislike the Germans these days do so because of their reputation to be pushy and arrogant, traits which I've found to be pretty much false on my trips to Germany. Lovely people.

I didn't mean now,people hold grudges and will still dislike people for the past.
Reply 45
russiaismyvogue
I didn't mean now,people hold grudges and will still dislike people for the past.

I find it hard for people to do that these days. Anyone with half a brain cell knows that the Nazi party and modern day Germans couldn't be farther removed. The same with Japan and the imperial government of WW2.
Israeli's
im british born chinese but i don't hate the japanese, personally i'd say theyre quite cool at the moment with their fashion and culture.

anyways if ppl dont like the british or chinese people im ok with that, i hope they lose sleep over it!

and ftr man united = the greatest football team in the world, my bus went past old trafford everyday to secondary school!! <3
Reply 48
Within Europe, probably the English (as much as I hate to say it) and the Germans. "Dislikes" against nationalities within Europe are usually quite jokey, though. People say that the Germans have not sense of humour and the English are pompous, but no one actually wants to kill the English or the Germans.

Worldwide, I guess the Japanese because they're hated by everyone else in the Far East or the Americans, because people are stupid and jump on the anti-American bandwagon.
Reply 49
It has to be the Americans surely??

I was in Germany for the world cup '06 and they were a fantastic nation. I think the English reputation is helped by the Scottish and Irish connections.
I've been many places around the world and never experienced a culture that genuinely likes the Americans as a whole(except for when I went to the States, they love them over there). Think it might be the way they travel, with big machine guns, only kidding. They travel around with an air of pity, experiencing the world around them from the comfort of the pre-arranged air-conditioned transport and only come out to buy a coke and moan about the local food being unhygienic.

Of all the people I've met traveling, I've never met a half decent American...
Reply 50
Ridiculous to see Ireland in there. I think Israel would probably be right near the top, globally speaking.
Reply 51
KING MONKEY
Israeli's

Within TSR, yes. Worldwide, no way. Chinese and Indian people, particularly, I've found are usually quite pro-Israeli.
Reply 52
KING MONKEY
Israeli's

Sorry I take my last comment back completely. I'd forgotten about the Israeli's. Single handedly the most ignorant, self centered, rude, obnoxious group of people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. Now I've not met them all, obviously so my apologies to the good few decent Israeli's out there but the ones that I've encountered (and there have been quite a few over the years) are absolute cocks...
Reply 53
Kosovans
AndyHood66
Sorry I take my last comment back completely. I'd forgotten about the Israeli's. Single handedly the most ignorant, self centered, rude, obnoxious group of people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. Now I've not met them all, obviously so my apologies to the good few decent Israeli's out there but the ones that I've encountered (and there have been quite a few over the years) are absolute cocks...

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Reply 55
Probably the Indians.
Reply 56
AndyHood66

So you've now dismissed two whole nationalities as obnoxious. I'm not as bigoted as you so I won't say anything about Scots in general, but you are a complete moron.
Reply 57
E_D_B
Within TSR, yes. Worldwide, no way. Chinese and Indian people, particularly, I've found are usually quite pro-Israeli.

Only one country, but I know in New Zealand there's something of an anti-Israeli feeling among some hostel owners - I went to a few where Israelis weren't allowed to stay there. If they called/arrived looking for a bed, and said they were Israeli when asked, the owners would say the hostel was full...makes me wonder if there's anything else like this in other countries.
Ireland in the poll? ******* tosser.
Reply 59
Japanese , although Germany apologized for what they did in the past, Japan never did.

Latest