Another Harvard Question: CV? (resume) Watch

User213115
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I guess everybody knows a CV is a resume, but just making sure.

Basically, I'm looking at applying to Harvard, and I've looked at the entrance forms etc. etc. and I'm going to take SAT's and everything, but it doesn't say anything about needing a CV or a cover letter? Is this something to do with what the essays are about or what?

Also, they always refer to "secondary schools". Is that an American way of saying college? (ie. year 12-13 in the UK) because it's been confuzzling me abit!!! Lol.

Sorry i'm being stupid, but questions are basically
1) CV
2) Secondary School / College!

thanks for any help
devil09
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Harvard doesn't require a CV. It doesn't need one, since all of the material on a CV is covered in the application. If you really want to send one, though, you can mail it in as a supplement.

Yes, a secondary school would be years 12-13 for you. It would also probably include years 10-11 and your GCSEs. For Americans this is their last four years of school (grades 9-12).
adam531
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if you use the common application, this acts as enough for the college. alternatively you can fill out the harvard application if you think that harvard is the only college you are applying to in america.
number12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Harvard apparently take great stock in the essay that you send in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (3)
42.86%
No - I got the required grades (3)
42.86%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads