Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an interveiw to do religious studies at manchester on the 25th feb and I'm bricking it! Does anyone know what kinda stuff to expect in general?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Talk about Jesus?
    If you mention the book Faith and Fratricide by Ruether you're guaranteed to get in. Well it worked for me in my application to do an MA in Theology anyway (not at Manc though).
    All I the advice I can offer is that it will follow the general lines of any intereview won't it? Why do you want to do the subject, what related reading have you been doing, future aspirations etc etc. Why don't you contact the department and see what the format is? (ie some interviews include the analysis of an unseen text - although I very much doubt this will be the case for Religious Studies).

Good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireParty)
    I have an interveiw to do religious studies at manchester on the 25th feb and I'm bricking it! Does anyone know what kinda stuff to expect in general?

cheers
    I went to an interview for Chinese. It was very relaxed and they didn't ask me much about the subject, only why I want to study Chinese in particular and why I have chosen Manchester Uni. The next 20 mins went very quickly talking about stuff both the tutor and I are interested in, like translation for example, and also what I'd like to do after I finish the degree. Finally I was given a few minutes to ask questions. Nothing to worry about.

Good luck with yours

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 5, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.