This discussion is closed.
Katchi_2003
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
If you have to take Maths a-level to become a chartered accountant ?because i am doing intermediate maths, and need to do higher to do A level. And have a chance to do higher if i get a B in the mocks.
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Katchi_2003)
If you have to take Maths a-level to become a chartered accountant ?because i am doing intermediate maths, and need to do higher to do A level. And have a chance to do higher if i get a B in the mocks.
Yes you most probably do. What sort of grades are you predicted at the moment? Even if you end up doing Intermediate maths I wouldn't rule out doing A-level altogether as long as you're prepared to catch up the topics you missed out on in your own time, you should be fine.
Katchi_2003
(Original post by Pegasus)
Yes you most probably do. What sort of grades are you predicted at the moment? Even if you end up doing Intermediate maths I wouldn't rule out doing A-level altogether as long as you're prepared to catch up the topics you missed out on in your own time, you should be fine.
I am predicted B i think, my school told me i have to do higher to do A-level, i checked universities and you don't need Maths you need A VCE 12 unit and 1 other a-level.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You don't need Maths A-Level for an Accountancy qualifiation! Accounting is just really advanced arithmetic (I do the A-Level so I have a fair idea), nothing like A-Level Maths. A healthy GCSE grade in Maths should sort you out, plus the right grades/points for the degree.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
From one future accoutant (or Music Teacher haven't decided) to another

No!!

I'm taking AS Business to get on my Uni course and I had a B at Maths GCSE but couldn't take Maths because I wanted to take Music!

Remember Only 1 In 5 People Go Into Accountancy Through A Accountancy Degree!
Katchi_2003
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
You don't need Maths A-Level for an Accountancy qualifiation! Accounting is just really advanced arithmetic (I do the A-Level so I have a fair idea), nothing like A-Level Maths. A healthy GCSE grade in Maths should sort you out, plus the right grades/points for the degree.
What a-levels are you taking, and do you want to become an accountant ?
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The answer is a definate no. My mum did Latin, English Lit and French at A-level and is now a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
UnregisteredP
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
The answer is a definate no. My mum did Latin, English Lit and French at A-level and is now a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
You don't even need A-levels to become a FCIA.
Katchi_2003
(Original post by UnregisteredP)
You don't even need A-levels to become a FCIA.
What about chartered accountant ?
UnregisteredP
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
What about chartered accountant ?
What does FCIA stand for? Fellow of the Chartered Institute of CHARTERED Accountants!
Sorry to state the obvious.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What a-levels are you taking, and do you want to become an accountant ?
Check my profile. No I don't want to be an accountant.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What does FCIA stand for? Fellow of the Chartered Institute of CHARTERED Accountants!
Sorry to state the obvious.
Or just Institute of Chartered Accountants.
UnregisteredP
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Or just Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Or FIA - Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants! Regardless, you don't need A-levels to qualify for membership.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Or FIA - Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants! Regardless, you don't need A-levels to qualify for membership.
True. I think you need two A-level passes for CIMA and the same for ACCA.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (385)
32.11%
No (814)
67.89%

Watched Threads