Turn on thread page Beta

We can't be friends anymore? watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's long and muddled, so thanks for reading.

Yesterday, me and a guy friend of mine had a talk about problems we've had in the past few months. We no longer seemed to get on, both of us irritating the other. To me, I had always thought it was a jokey thing both ways, mainly because we were okay after but apparently not.
    Another thing, which he doesn't know, is that I've liked him for almost a year now. Because of this, I think I've begun to resent him because of how we used to be and how he was around me recently - like constantly mocking and judging me and generally ignoring me but talking to ALL my friends. I responded to this in the same way I guess, I became a lot more awkward around him. I also became jealous. :\

So, we talked about the problems and long story short, I was prepared to take all the blame because I genuinely thought my awkwardness egged him on. I practically begged him to just let me take the blame but he said he wouldn't. He didn't believe me, because this exact same situation has happened before. Then he said that the only way through this, unless I allowed him to take some blame was to stay away from me, because he thought of me as his only true friend which I still don't get. I can't deal with that - although he upsets me, I forgive quickly but still act awkward. I never wanted it to come to this but I don't know how to change that. He pretty much said we couldn't be friends and I just feel empty at the thought. What can I do to make him see that it isn't his fault? Or stop this awkwardness? I can't really keep away from him and I still do like him a lot.

Sorry if I sound really silly.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bump, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him you like him.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you tell him you like him? That way you won't be friends but girlfriend and boyfriend. How that sound?

ReputationRep:
    just tell the truth because the suggestion of just being friends obviously doesnt please him, so if u let him know how u feel he might re - consider or at least understand y it may be awkward. good luck

ReputationRep:
    truth doesnt work. told this girl in my flat that i liked her. she said no. i said cant we be friends, she initially said yes but now its really awkward.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.