Do you think relationships can begin long-distance? Watch

Psycho
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Can they?

I've been in love with a girl for 2 years but we're so far apart it doesnt feel like anything's possible. But then again if it's love, why should anything hold us back?
tayalouise
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've been in one for 8 months and its all good
How far away do you live from each other?
SpecialKate
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A friend recently began a relationship with a girl who lives in Barcelona (he lives in Southampton).
She came to stay with me for New Year and he is over there at the moment, they are making it work because they work so well together.
rscully
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's not easy, not my cup of tea but in some cases it can work out well.
Azayki
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was "with" my boyfriend for 9 months before we met in real life. We knew each other for about 4 years online. It's the best relationship I've ever been in and I really see it going somewhere.

So, in response to your question. Yes, I think it's entirely possible for 2 people to fall in love long-distance and make it work! Good luck.
apassingfeeling
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes! I'm in one now, have been for almost 2 years, and it started long distance.
It can work if you're prepared to put in the effort, because it is hard. But you never know until you try - my boyfriend and I initially thought that nothing could happen because of the distance but we went ahead with it anyway and I'm glad we did
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:no: I highly doubt it. It's one thing to talk to someone online - quite another to be with them in person.

You may not think so, but trust me on this.

By all means be in an LDR with someone you know... with someone you just met online I'm not even sure you can call it a relationship. :no:
Smoosh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mine began long distance and we're still together (it's been almost 2 and a half years).
suzie_h
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mine has always been an LDR, still together (19 months)
Interrobang
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Mine did We had met each other before IRL tho, and had known each other for 3 years before we got together (long story...). Apart from a bad month in September, everything has been great Obviously it's hard, but it's worth it
Q_M
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've been in one from day one, 10 months on and still going strong.
lodzinski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yes. I know so.
chipskylark
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
possibly, but most good relationships need good comunication, and sometimes it needs mental and physical stuff which could obviously be quite hard if you cant se eachother often, and ofcourse there is temptation if your partner isnt there, but as long as both of you are committed then it should work out fine
Ang|ophi|e
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's definitely not easy. I don't think I could do it. But hey, if it's love, it can withstand anything.
mancsmithsfan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm marrying mine ... been with her 13 months and lived with her for about five. Love her lots. She's from Croatia, I'm in England. Miss her :/
TashanLewis
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its possible but its not easy. Ive been with my partner for 3 years and we live quite apart and dont get much time cuz of college and her apprenticship..but we manage to make it work so no reason why it wont work for specially if its love. Good Luck
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (140)
18.52%
No (459)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (157)
20.77%

Watched Threads