Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any PGCEers or NQT's without a job looking at the moment? I'm so worried that I just won't get one for September. Even if I got through to an interview I panic that I won't beat 5/6 other candidates...

Meh .

ReputationRep:
    Freaky. I was just thinking about this. Even though I'm yet to start my PGCE (hopefully will be in Sept.) I can't help but worry whether I'll get a job at the end of the course, especially as I can't move away from the area. I've just been searching for jobs on TES to get a generally idea and there was one in my area with around 6 within a 25 mile radius, so I may be ok, but like you say about the interview stage, I have exactly the same fears.

That's not really much help to you, I guess I kinda wanted you to know that you're not alone in thinking like this! Have you had any luck so far in the job search? You're on the music PGCE aren't you IIRC?

ReputationRep:
    Music PGCE yeah. Well I've applied to 2, both of which close tomorrow. One is a bit far away and not really sure, and the other is in my area, but about 99.9% of my course have applied to it too!

I guess I am worried more now because my housemate is on the same course and had her first job interview today and got it! So really pleased but a bit jealous!! I want a job !

ReputationRep:
    yes it is hard to get a job at the min! well so our lecturers are telling us! they have advised that we start to look further afield ect as im from nireland to look at england, scotland and also we have been getting email s through about jobs in spain and hong kong! the only way people seem to be gettng jobs over here is through job sharing which i find is not gret for the kids! very distrupting and its only a part time job for both of you!

start lookinf further afield now! find out what on offer out there! i thinkn canada may be fast tracking visas to get teachers over as well.

ReputationRep:
    Getting a job after my primary PGCE is my main concern, but while it's a difficult market, it's not an impossible one. If your housemate is good enough to get a job then I bet there's no reason why you're not good either sexysax

That's quite intriguing that Canada may be particularly keep on getting teachers...I'm rather drawn to the country!

ReputationRep:
    coventary are looking!!! I JUST HEARD ON THE RADIO not more than an hour ago that they are holding a recruitment fair in northern ireland so have a nosey there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brak3n)
    That's quite intriguing that Canada may be particularly keep on getting teachers...I'm rather drawn to the country!

yeah i must admot that it was a while ago when i heard that and they were taking other ppl as well for jobs like building etc, but im sure they still are on the look out so have a gander at it and see!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Can you not ask the school(s) you're doing a placement in if they have any jobs? Most people on my course get employed at their placement school.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the credit crunch is affecting the teaching profession the same way as it is others. Jobs are still out there, i do have my worries don't get me wrong as im starting my SCITT course this september, but my brother-in-law, his girlfriend and a number of friends i have all qualified this may and now all have jobs as teachers!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.