i'm coming to the conclusion that boys seem to want silly little girls... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
ok, well i'm 20 years old, and recently i seem to feel love-wise that i am just competing against 17/18 year old little slips of things who boys like because they are young and vacuous, while actually having things in common with them and having some kind of confidence and intelligence seems to put me firmly in the 'friend' zone. i'm not hideous, i've had plenty of boyfriends in my time, but this is really getting me down lately. i can't figure out why when you meet a boy who you have loads in common with, and who tells you he thinks you're beautiful and with who you connect with on a friend level as well as a physical one would rather commit to a ditzy little teenager... am i alone in feeling this?
Anonymous #1
i would like to add obviously that not all 17/18 year olds are like this but i'm sure you know the type i mean...
Arielle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Perhaps go for younger guys, they think older girls are schmooookin. Teach them the ways of the world.
DomAD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Guys don't really have a 'friend' zone. Honestly if you're good looking, intelligent and confident as you say I can't see how you'd have a problem. Bad luck?
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it shows how immature the guy still is, if he is telling you one minute all these things and then goes out with someone else, that alone makes me think he is a slight bit immature. I guess you have just been a slight bit unlucky, with the guys that you have been seeing, or have come into contact with, i can assure you they are not all like that, and there is some people that actually are mature and wouldnt like the type of girl you have highlighted. I guess just stick with it and eventually you will get someone that is right, dont take it personally as that there is something wrong with you, this is not the case at all
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Guys have a friend zone?? News to me.
Suri
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ur making urself sound as if you are 30 or smth...ur only 20, relax...and seriously u are not that far away from 18 year olds...jus be friendly, smile and look after your health + appearance
rose_uni08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
... those girls are only 2 years younger than you.
ForGreatJustice
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Guys don't have a friend zone.
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
17/18?? more like 15 from what I've seen! seriously, I knew some guys that were about 20 and they see me and my friends as alright for friends, too old to date. They were lusting after the 15 year olds though sick
EmieApple
Report 9 years ago
Date older guys. Then you will be the young'un.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by rose_uni08)
... those girls are only 2 years younger than you.
2/3 years can make a lot of difference sometimes, i mean you're in your second year of uni as opposed to sixth form or whatever, generally more independent and 'sorted', obviously everyone is different though
neenbean
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by EmieApple)
Date older guys. Then you will be the young'un.
this
DreamGirlx
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
okay this might seem a bit odd but I actually get what you mean, im 17 and I am intelligent but am quite giggly and say the wrong thing sometimes blah blah not on purpose just no brain-mouth filter (so I might fill your 'silly little girl' description, which I don't really have a problem with tbh seeing as I AM only 17 and have no wish to act old) and in the past year I've had a lot of 20 + guys from uni ask me out Another guy was even 27 and one 26! And I get asked out less than that from guys my own age.. don't understand it either, I mean every time I've said no because I'm actually so immature and stupid at times, I'm like I'm not going to grow up for you.. but yeah i find it odd! I don't understand what they see in me really, its not like I look easy or act ****gy or anything (in case thats why your thinking). So yeah, it confuses me too!

Okay this might not make sense etc I just cant be bothered to check.
But anyway hmm, since I've never actually accepted any of the guys I can't say what they are like, because they might of been (and probs were) just guys looking for sex or whatever and not a more serious relationship (which they might associate with someone a bit older like you) anyway yeah, just thought I'd add my bit for a different perspective !
the-little-box-persona
Report 9 years ago
I do wonder if guys feel more 'secure' with girls younger than them because they're not a 'threat' so to speak. sorry about the **** wording, has been a long day, but you get what i mean
Y__
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
2/3 years can make a lot of difference sometimes, i mean you're in your second year of uni as opposed to sixth form or whatever, generally more independent and 'sorted', obviously everyone is different though
Just curious: You say you had a few boyfriends when you were younger. Were they the same age as you or did you date older guys?

By the way, we should create a society that brings all the girls who think that boys only want silly little girls together with all the boys who think that girls only want arrogant ********s who are at least 3 years older than they are... :p:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Y__)
Just curious: You say you had a few boyfriends when you were younger. Were they the same age as you or did you date older guys?

By the way, we should create a society that brings all the girls who think that boys only want silly little girls together with all the boys who think that girls only want arrogant ********s who are at least 3 years older than they are... :p:
most were older than me and one was a bit younger...one was actually 8 years older than me which i guess makes me being the silly younger girl back then (i was 17) lol. although i just felt that boys my age were totally immature and i was drawn to his ambition and intelligence. god, i am aware that i sound about 30 in this thread, sorry haha
Y__
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
most were older than me and one was a bit younger...one was actually 8 years older than me which i guess makes me being the silly younger girl back then (i was 17) lol. although i just felt that boys my age were totally immature and i was drawn to his ambition and intelligence. god, i am aware that i sound about 30 in this thread, sorry haha
Ah. I guess you weren't complaining about men going for silly teenies back then ? Jokes aside, you have just mentioned one possible reason for your problems - you say you were drawn to his ambition and intelligence, I guess one could say you admired him. I'm convinced that the following doesn't apply to the majority of men, but I can imagine that there are a fair few who like to be admired, adored, put on a pedestal, and it's more likely that they get these things from the "silly teenage girls".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.44%
No I don't (549)
48.5%

Watched Threads