The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED OUT ON THIS DAVE GROHL THING. was he at reading as well as leeds? :confused:

anyway, fantastic weekend! seemed to manage to miss out on kings of leon being ******* as i went to see billy talent instead, was well worth it and they put on an amazing live show. tim minchin was well worth standing around for, although i did feel a little sorry for holly walsh going beforehand :p: bloc party were amazing also, i reckon they got it just right with old stuff and new stuff :yep: radiohead were MINDBLOWING, best of the weekend, i was in a really good part of crowd as well pretty near the front, everyone around us was really into it which helped :h: was dissapointed not to hear No Surprises though :sad:

Deffo going again 2010 or 11, i am plugging this festival no end to my friends until they all buy tickets just to shut me up :biggrin:
Reply 2601
brokenheroes
i agree that the guys down the front are usually only down there to be at the front though. i was like 1 person back from the barrier for brand new and me and my friends were literally screaming every single word back to jesse, while everyone around us stood still and silent. wtf is the point? and least, you know, bop along to the music or something.

:sadnod: i'm a bit disappointed with a lot of the reading crowd :frown:

or maybe i'm expecting too much. but the scottish festival spirit is win. ******* amazing crowd up there :woo:
innerpartysystem
might've been next to you in brand new, doing the same. was ridiculous sticking them between the view (who were utterly awful) and vampire weekend (who probably were too).

on the nme barrier front it was there last year as well.

they are so amazing and people were just standing still, even for shower scene! mental. the only time people livened up was if the camera was nearby.

can't wait for wembley, tickets go on sale on wednesday! :woo:
I love that my inability to use the 24 hour clock finally came in useful.

I ended up pretty far in for Them Crooked Vulture because of my inabilty to calculate the time between Patrick Wolf and You Me At Six.
Nfixlol

or maybe i'm expecting too much. but the scottish festival spirit is win. ******* amazing crowd up there :woo:

This was my first time at the festival, but I was too. I was laughing when Kele from Bloc Party kept trying to get some noise/enthusiasm from the crowd. Yet somehow we were better than Leeds, according to him o_O
Reply 2605
Moroseblight
This was my first time at the festival, but I was too. I was laughing when Kele from Bloc Party kept trying to get some noise/enthusiasm from the crowd. Yet somehow we were better than Leeds, according to him o_O

the crowd was mental during bloc party :eek3: i even made a thread about it lol. i was struggling to stay alive, and then Kele goes "come on reading! the right side is getting owned by the left side!" or something like that, and the shoving then just got SO much worse. were you at/near the front? it was awful whoever started the madness clearly were just taking the piss and didn't even like bloc party :rant:
Nfixlol
the crowd was mental during bloc party :eek3: i even made a thread about it lol. i was struggling to stay alive, and then Kele goes "come on reading! the right side is getting owned by the left side!" or something like that, and the shoving then just got SO much worse. were you at/near the front? it was awful whoever started the madness clearly were just taking the piss and didn't even like bloc party :rant:

Middle left. I wanted to save the bruises for Radiohead :p: Only a group of guys were manically dancing and shoving, but nothing as mental as what you described! I was surprised that most people around me weren't really singing.

And ouch. That sucks. I hate people who just make their way to the front just to be at the front. Especially people of that sort who are tall. Makes things worse for the rest of us >.>
Nfixlol

OMG YES. Everyone just stood with their arms folded and pouting til about 8pm, did my freakin' head in. And I got funny looks for jumping around and having a laugh, I was like :lolwut:
Wow, Reading this year was really really amazing.
Anyone see Streetlight Manifesto? They were brilliant, not only did they play perfectly but they really got the crowd going!

I still can't believe how good Radiohead were last night. I was pretty close to the front, and the atmosphere was amazing! Because i'm small, some kind chap let me on his shoulders for Nude, and wow - just the sight of everyone in the crowd was amazing!
Gutted at the lack of Fake Plastic Trees, though!

Was anyone at the front of Vampire Weekend, and witnessed that hilarious fight?
Great weekend! Prodigy was incredible, I was 3 rows from the front and pretty center, it was messy!
Reply 2610
Moroseblight
Middle left. I wanted to save the bruises for Radiohead :p: Only a group of guys were manically dancing and shoving, but nothing as mental as what you described! I was surprised that most people around me weren't really singing.

And ouch. That sucks. I hate people who just make their way to the front just to be at the front. Especially people of that sort who are tall. Makes things worse for the rest of us >.>

go back a couple pages, read what i posted about radiohead's set - was pretty depressing around where i was, left-front ish. i mean it was awesome, but so many people just standing around not even bothering to pretend like they were enjoying it :pinch:

and yeah, for the first hour or so at bloc party i could barely pay attention to the music, i was trying that hard to just stay alive lol.

Jellynubbin
OMG YES. Everyone just stood with their arms folded and pouting til about 8pm, did my freakin' head in. And I got funny looks for jumping around and having a laugh, I was like :lolwut:

:sadnod: not enough alcohol going around i think. or possibly too much just being flung into the crowds rather than being drunk :dontknow: (wtf that doesn't sound grammatically right)
Reply 2611
Fanbloodytastic weekend. Radiohead, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Them Crooked Vultures, Noah and the Whale, Vampire weekend and bloc party were tip top. I got destroyed in prodigy, couldn't handle the pit at all got crushed, lost shoes etc :/

Still, just absolutely fantastic. The atmosphere was good I thought, most people were very friendly.

Kings of leon storming off sounded pretty funny. I heard it was because they heard the Billy Talent crowd chanting '**** the kings of leon'.
Reply 2612
Reue
Theres now a second barrier in Radio 1 tent as well. I had no idea till I walked into it on the Sunday night. Glad to see the joy of 2nd barrierism is spreading.

Reue i think i saw you, did you have a hoodie with your name on the back?:p:
Better than last year I reckon, though without Radiohead not sure if I'd be saying that. I think I creamed my pants a little when Yorke glanced into the camera.

Something that really ground on me though, people insisting on chanting "you wot you wot" at EVERY f*cking opportunity. I actually had to tell someone to shut up when they attempted during Radiohead.

Anyone at Leeds join the stage invasion during the Black Lips set? Classic.
Reply 2614
LdnShmoo
Reue i think i saw you, did you have a hoodie with your name on the back?:p:

Now that would just be sad :P

(Maybe I should do that for next year..)
What a ***** festival.
Nfixlol
go back a couple pages, read what i posted about radiohead's set - was pretty depressing around where i was, left-front ish. i mean it was awesome, but so many people just standing around not even bothering to pretend like they were enjoying it :pinch:

and yeah, for the first hour or so at bloc party i could barely pay attention to the music, i was trying that hard to just stay alive lol.

Just read it and you're right. We were kind of in the same area. Some guy even booed Radiohead when they came on >.>

There were too many people standing idly and blocking my view! That pissed me off as I ended up having four very tall guys standing in front of me, and they were talking about random ***** and smoking cigarettes >.>

I think from the people around me, I was the only one singing along to ALL the songs. There was a couple near me who sang to most and a guy who was dancing in his own world lol If he had the space, I reckon he would have given Thom a run for his money. I just followed his example and shut those people out. Radiohead... phwoar! :p:

But it is depressing. I think I might try Leeds next year.
Reply 2617
Leeds crowd was really really good.
I was pretty shocked to hear about what went off at KOL - at Leeds EVERYONE was singing and dancing.
Same :lolwut: Kings of Leon were brilliant last night, as were the crowd. In fact, the crowd were great in general this year. Leeds is obviously the shizzle comparatively :p: but that said, tens of thousands of southern fairies can't be wrong, can they? It's got to be reflective of the perfomance. As much as they killed it yesterday, they must have had a major off-day at Reading
lol @ reading

GUESS WHAT GUYS, I CAUGHT SWINE FLU AT LEEDS :rofl:

Latest