The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Got my ticket already :smile: Looks like its going to be

Arctic Monkeys or Green Day
Kings of Leon or ?
AC/DC

Radiohead said they'd only play glasto i believe but that seems unlikely now, id welcome them to play on the friday as i dont think arctic monkeys are headlining material quite yet.
Reply 21
W_i_l_l

Kings of Leon or ?
AC/DC

Radiohead said they'd only play glasto i believe but that seems unlikely now, id welcome them to play on the friday as i dont think arctic monkeys are headlining material quite yet.

Radiohead won't be playing Glasto.. they said it's not green enough for them. It was in the news a while ago.
Reply 22
i want Radiohead!

they even got asked last year but turned it down :frown:

i'm guessing

'indie' headliner- Kings Of Leon (was the killers this year)
'Legend'- Radiohead (metallica this year)
'Reunion'- Greenday (rage this year)

if you see the formula i am following there.

however, AC/DC is probs more likely than Radiohead :frown:. R'Head will probs do Glasto with Blur

that leaves Bloc Party for V next year

PS. there HAS to be at least one British Headliner next year. So that points Arctic Monkeys in as well as Radiohead
Reply 23
AC/DC sound like a deffo no as they've announced more tour dates and efestivals say it looks like a no :frown: Could be looking at a bad lineup next year :frown:
Reply 24
Untitled258
Blur, Arctic Monkeys and Radiohead i would like please.

No more of these American bands! coming over here, taking our musicians jobs!

:yep: that would be like a dream come true :biggrin:
Reply 25
kaytee.
:yep: that would be like a dream come true :biggrin:

Arctic Monkeys have had TWO ALBUMS!!!

I can't stand it when bands like this have headlined Leeds Festival in the past few years.. Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, The Darkness (1 ******* album). It's criminal.
Reply 26
I've been hearing Kings of Leon, Green Day and AC/DC this year. Would be good, but nothing would beat Rage Against the Machine last year.
Reply 27
charizard
yeah last year i tried to get one but the ticket sites kept crashing
and i didn't have enough money to get one off ebay
thats why i got one in the first batch this year
NOTHING is stopping me going Reading 09 haha

Lucky buggar. Haha.
It took me two hours to get through to the site last year. Some of mates didn't get their's til midnight (only thanks to my special tricks :P)
Reply 28
cabbaman98
Lucky buggar. Haha.
It took me two hours to get through to the site last year. Some of mates didn't get their's til midnight (only thanks to my special tricks :P)

special tricks??!

do tell :P

it took about an hour to get mine last year! the most stressful hour of my life!
Im considering not going leeds this year just so i dont have the stress of buying tickets, its hell lol.

My mate baught mine last year, but then my sister asked me to buy hers and her mates for some reason so i still had the stress.
Reply 30
emmalou098
special tricks??!

do tell :P

it took about an hour to get mine last year! the most stressful hour of my life!

Well I used my special tricks and it took me atleats 2 hours. It's just luck really.

And I just used a lot of back-door links etc, and on as many computers as possible. And continuous refreshing, gets so tedious, but you just can't stop.
Reply 31
W_i_l_l

Kings of Leon or ?
AC/DC

Did you not see them headlining the Pyramid stage at Glastonbury last year or the year before?! I'm not even a big fan and bloody hell they were awesome, they could pull Leeds off EASILY.

I'm definitely considering not going this year. I can make you one gaurantee though: Glasvegas will headline the Radio 1/NME tent on one of the nights.

See, I'm thinking that The Cure may well play.. and that's why I'm not ruling out going just yet! As long as I can get back to Manchester on the Sunday night, I'll go but just leave before it gets effing ridiculous on Sunday. This year was definitely lacking something but like a poster up there somewhere, by 06 07 and 08 wristbands would definitely like a little 09 friend... especially as my 06 one looks like it may die any day now.

Blur will do Glastonbury (and I've already got my ticket done, dusted, sorted for that one! Ahh Glasto <3 only 190 days!).
bella127
Did you not see them headlining the Pyramid stage at Glastonbury last year or the year before?! I'm not even a big fan and bloody hell they were awesome, they could pull Leeds off EASILY.

I'm definitely considering not going this year. I can make you one gaurantee though: Glasvegas will headline the Radio 1/NME tent on one of the nights.

See, I'm thinking that The Cure may well play.. and that's why I'm not ruling out going just yet! As long as I can get back to Manchester on the Sunday night, I'll go but just leave before it gets effing ridiculous on Sunday. This year was definitely lacking something but like a poster up there somewhere, by 06 07 and 08 wristbands would definitely like a little 09 friend... especially as my 06 one looks like it may die any day now.

Blur will do Glastonbury (and I've already got my ticket done, dusted, sorted for that one! Ahh Glasto <3 only 190 days!).

Im going to blame the mud for the crappy atmosphere at this years leeds in comparison to 06 and 07.

And someone else with the last 3 year wristbands, i know a few people with 07 and 08, but not 06 too. Mines always buried undernieth the 07 and 08 ones though so you cant see it :frown:
Reply 33
Untitled258
Im going to blame the mud for the crappy atmosphere at this years leeds in comparison to 06 and 07.

And someone else with the last 3 year wristbands, i know a few people with 07 and 08, but not 06 too. Mines always buried undernieth the 07 and 08 ones though so you cant see it :frown:

I quite enjoyed the mud. :s-smilie:
Reply 34
Untitled258

At the moment its my Leeds 08 one that's dominating everything ha. Then Glastonbury 08, then TITP 06, then Leeds 07 and then little ol' Leeds 06 buried right at the bottom there. Poor fella.

I'm not sure whether to blame the mud, where we were camped, the smaller size of our camp this year, the bloody idiots on Sunday night which annoyed me more than usual, our tent getting robbed and broken :frown: or just that I was comparing it to Glasto too much haha. Either way it was a bit poo, but I'm HOPING this year will improve. Definitely leaving on Sunday night though, I cannay cope with that crap anymore.. too old for that ******** now (at 19, ha.)
the mud last year did make everything so much harder, which left you feeling a bit like..uhh, which obviously you don't wanna feel like.
so hopefully it won't be like that this year.
anyone else think the strokes might play?
Reply 36
collegedropout
the mud last year did make everything so much harder, which left you feeling a bit like..uhh, which obviously you don't wanna feel like.
so hopefully it won't be like that this year.
anyone else think the strokes might play?

oh man, strokes would be amazing.
i saw Albert Hammond Jr in town the other day with Agnes Deyn, i was definitely starstruck!
iamtheeggman
oh man, strokes would be amazing.
i saw Albert Hammond Jr in town the other day with Agnes Deyn, i was definitely starstruck!

yeah they really would. even if the whole lineup sucked they would make up for it.
Reply 38
The mud was nice. :smile: But I kept on sinking at Leeds if I stood there too long!

I would love for Kings Of Leon to headline. I like their older stuff.
Reply 39
I got my ticket the day after 2008 finished!

Headliners are likely to be AC/DC, Kings Of Leon and not sure about the other, but Slipknot will probably be second, LostProphets self confirmed and so did Fratellis. White Lies, Florence and the machine, Glasvegas and Friendly Fires will be appearing in the NME Tent, and most likely Klaxons.

Latest