The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
RightSaidJames
If you've bought early entry tickets for Reading, you must have bought them as part of a coach package. Therefore, you won't actually get a ticket that lets you into the site until you're on the coach, so you won't be able to go up early to get your 18+ wristband.

Not necessarily - early entry tickets were sold with the Early Bird tickets which went on sale in late August/September :smile:

And I believe gas canisters have been banned outright - your allowed aerosol cans under 100ml but not bigger. What'll be interesting to see is how far they push the policy; will they confiscate all of them or will they just use it to kick idiots out of the campsite?
Reply 1281
I'm there, Reading rocks Leeds tbh :wink:

Hoping there are some good new bands announced next week or even any time, it doesn't hold anything against last year yet :frown:
anyone got a few tickets to sell?
I've just made my Reading 2009 playlist on my Ipod and it has got me all excited. Shame it's so many months away!
claireythepinkfairy
I've just made my Reading 2009 playlist on my Ipod and it has got me all excited. Shame it's so many months away!

It will be a welcome start for the beginning of my gap year, after a years hard work :yep:
BaconDude
£180 for 4 bands I actually like. Forget that. Can get hammered just as easily by going down Wycombe.

This for me. Only replace 4 with 2 and Wycombe with Reading's Hope Tap and Pav's pubs / the Purple Turtle. Might have to just get out of town actually, since I'm not going this year.

Jtt16
Why go to reading when you could go to leeds? The lineup is jizzable

I hope you're trying to be ironic?
bobbert_18
... i mentioned earlier that i odered leeds tickets instead of reading, and after an email to seetickets, they just rang me and offered me reading tickets!!!! amazing.

Never heard of them doing that, you're exceptionally lucky!
Azza
Lostprophets are set to headline the NME tent one night, so that leaves one more slot. I think it will be Franz.

I'd doubt it, simply cos Franz headlined Mainstage in 2006 so NME would be a fair stepdown in 3 years.
Reply 1288
Quinion
This for me. Only replace 4 with 2 and Wycombe with Reading's Hope Tap and Pav's pubs / the Purple Turtle. Might have to just get out of town actually, since I'm not going this year.

I hope you're trying to be ironic?

:yep:
Reply 1289
Have you seen the venues they're playing these days?
i bought a tricket, now kind of regretting it because the line-up is just meh, oh well the piss up never fails to be entertaining
Only like one 5th of the line up has been announced!!!!!
There's a whole 3 stages still left completely unannounced and half of the NME stage left to announce, including 2 headliners, and the rest of the main stage. I spend most of my time at the other stages anyway if I'm honest.
But if you're not going to see the big headliners, you may as well see the same bands at a smaller festival with fewer idiots blowing things up at a fraction of the price.
Not really considering, despite some *****, Reading has an amazing atmosphere and is the main reason I'm really going this year at the moment due to the line up so far and I'm not feeling conned at all. Also, there are some larger bands I am going to enjoy, Placebo for example :P anyone who goes to a festival just for the massive bands is just silly and doesn't have much of a perspective on the music scene.
Reply 1294
cabbaman98
Not really considering, despite some *****, Reading has an amazing atmosphere and is the main reason I'm really going this year at the moment due to the line up so far and I'm not feeling conned at all. Also, there are some larger bands I am going to enjoy, Placebo for example :P anyone who goes to a festival just for the massive bands is just silly and doesn't have much of a perspective on the music scene.

I agree, music at Reading tends to be a bit of a bonus. I'm not too keen on any of the headliners but there are 4 or 5 bands I can't wait to see, and a load of rumoured ones yet to be announced who I'd love to see.

Next announcement for new bands is next week :woo: Please be Prophets :smile:
jamespro
Next announcement for new bands is next week :woo: Please be Prophets :smile:

I'm pretty damn sure it is Lostprophets, but purely out of blind hope I'm going to just pray the Big welsh band is actually Feeder, the Manics or the Phonics. Although I know it won't be.
Reply 1296
cabbaman98
I'm pretty damn sure it is Lostprophets, but purely out of blind hope I'm going to just pray the Big welsh band is actually Feeder, the Manics or the Phonics. Although I know it won't be.

You never know...Manics played 2008 so I'd rule them out, although they were pretty well received for going up against The Killers :smile:

Feeder played 2008 and 2006, but they play so often I don't think they can be ruled out. Their pretty good too :smile:

Phonics would be amazing though.

This year's a bit disappointing in that it seems to be 2007 and 2006 mixed together for most of the acts >.<
this year the headliners are for the indie kids among the crowd.

next year is when the rock and metal revival starts....im putting money and 2010 headliners being any of:

Metallica / Iron Maiden / Green Day / Blink 182 / Linkin Park / ACDC / Aerosmith / Muse etc

however i believe festival republic could really re-insert itself being the ultimate festival organiser by pulling a headliner that no other festival can get...such as Rammstein.
Reply 1298
Blink182 I could expect, and Rammstein would be a dream. I'd be surprised if Sonisphere don't take Iron Madien if it's going again next year, and AC/DC are rumoured every year but haven't been announced yet :P

FR have said that this years tents should be heavier than the main stages, which will be nice :smile:
Is it true what i have heard.

That reading doesn't have the permission to play music as early as Leeds due to it being close to a residential area?

Latest