The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Achmed's

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
is mehdi's the one with 2 kurdish guys that always give me free coke cans? it's sort of... further up the highstreet (i.e. closer to cornmarket).
Reply 21
Sephirona
I just edited it.:cool:

Me too...
Reply 22
Oops, did I get the name wrong. Sorry. I probably had German on the brain or something.
Teebs
Oops, did I get the name wrong. Sorry. I probably had German on the brain or something.

Are you saying that all middle-eastern people have the same names?:hmmm:

Spoiler

Reply 24
He's definitely back, Teebs - I just cycled by him a little bit ago.
Reply 25
how much is a teddy hall special again?
Reply 26
Yay! He's back and I bought food from him. Mehdi's just can't compare.
Reply 27
Have never actually bought anything at Mehdi's, but, having been a bystander at many a drunken post-club kebab session, the service at Achmed's is just ridiculously fast.
Anyone with taste knows it's all about Hassan's. North side reprazent.
Reply 29
Franc Vouloir

Word up, dawg.

Er ... I agree.
Reply 30
Franc Vouloir

I was there this evening.
Teebs
Alright. Own up. Who stole him and his kebab van? I am getting annoyed with having to go to Mehdi's for my occasional late night food needs. If he doesn't turn up soon I'm going to have to go on a quest to hunt him down and bad things always happen when I go on quests.

Heathen. Medhis cheese chips and beans with chilli sauce deserves a michelin star. Be thankful that you have been given the chance to see the light.
Reply 32
Nah it's all about Hassans. I want proper fat chips, like :yep:
Reply 33
Hassan's for chicken, Ahmed's for meat, never been able to tell much of a difference anywhere for anything else. Actually, became quite a fan of the burgers from the place by the Radcliff Infirmary during my 3rd year.
Reply 34
Franc Vouloir

Hassan's! He always looks a bit upset when all I want is chips with salt and vinegar. But that's the way I like them :puppyeyes:
Reply 35
Houssain's?

What about the Gourmet Burger Kitchen van that seems to pop up next to Houssain's? I nearly creamed myself when at 2 am I foun I could get a medium/well organic burger on a half Ciabatta with sun ripened organic tomatoes and mature English cheddar.
El Stevo
Houssain's?

What about the Gourmet Burger Kitchen van that seems to pop up next to Houssain's? I nearly creamed myself when at 2 am I foun I could get a medium/well organic burger on a half Ciabatta with sun ripened organic tomatoes and mature English cheddar.

WHAT??!! That's AMAZING! Are you telling the truth though? :hmmm: :p:

Oh, and Mehdi's are much better than Ahmed's. Their jacket potatoes are something like 1.20 and are large enough to sink a battle ship. Though they DO recognise you if you go too often...
El Stevo
Houssain's?

Bourgeois as *******.

There is but one kebab van and Ali is its prophet.
Reply 38
CarneLevare
Bourgeois as fukkkk.
Worth it. My nocturnal cuisine was Houssein's and Houssein's Brother for 4 years. Ahmed's, Mehdi's and Ali's failed. Roving Gourmet was awesome...
Reply 39
Bekaboo
Nah it's all about Hassans. I want proper fat chips, like :yep:

Too right. Chips with chicken and cheese, with my new favourite sauce combination of one half of ketchup, one half of his crazy mint sauce/mayonnaise combination. Genius.

Although I have to start eating less junk food :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending