I cant take school any more [PLEASE READ] Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Most of the teachers i have suck, they are so negative. One thinks that i am lazy just on the basis that i was not in for 2weeks due to me being ill and because i had january exams. The other thinks i need a "reality check" because i didnt hand in homework on time because again I was ill (this was the same illness).

I almost on the brink of having suicidal thought, i am always so tired and i feel like i have no1 to talk to. Non of my friends are helping (plus i barely have any left
Just the thought of waking up everyone morning to go to school makes me want to hurt myself. I dont think i can take it anymore. Its just so horrible i have never felt so alone. All i am asking is for help on one of my subjects, which the teacher is not giving to me, she thinks that we are old enough to know what to do I mean for gods sake if we knew what to do why would we go to school to learn!!!
im at the point of thinking why do i go to school if i am going to fail anyway. I just feel so stupid, i see my friends around me getting on with school and gettin on with their own lives and i feel like im left behind.
I just do not know what to do anymore, i don't even know what answers i am looking for from here
I just need help
Sorry for the long post
Please keep anon or delete
rscully
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just take it one step at a time. You have some homework to hand in that you missed due to being ill, so do that now that you're better and that teacher will be off your back. You said that there is only one subject with which you require extra help, so you're obviously not stupid. If your teacher wont help perhaps approach another teacher in the department, or even ask in the appropriate forum here.

Things often seem unmanageable if you let them pile up, but if you just take it one step at a time you'll catch up and be back on track sooner than you might think.

If your problems with teachers at school get worse then speak to your parents and ask their advice since they will know more than people here, or approach your form tutor at school and explain to them.
Psycho
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Man up. Stop being so self-absorbed.

Lots of people your age were told they have terminal cancer today. You're lucky.
Anonymous #1
Thanks rscully, i have already handed the later work 2days ago. the teacher seems to be trying to find problems with me. Its like driving me crazy.
Ive looked around the forum not many people do my subject, and my teacher is the only teacher of that subject in the whole school.
sulpicia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Most of the teachers i have suck, they are so negative. One thinks that i am lazy just on the basis that i was not in for 2weeks due to me being ill and because i had january exams. The other thinks i need a "reality check" because i didnt hand in homework on time because again I was ill (this was the same illness).

I almost on the brink of having suicidal thought, i am always so tired and i feel like i have no1 to talk to. Non of my friends are helping (plus i barely have any left
Just the thought of waking up everyone morning to go to school makes me want to hurt myself. I dont think i can take it anymore. Its just so horrible i have never felt so alone. All i am asking is for help on one of my subjects, which the teacher is not giving to me, she thinks that we are old enough to know what to do I mean for gods sake if we knew what to do why would we go to school to learn!!!
im at the point of thinking why do i go to school if i am going to fail anyway. I just feel so stupid, i see my friends around me getting on with school and gettin on with their own lives and i feel like im left behind.
I just do not know what to do anymore, i don't even know what answers i am looking for from here
I just need help
Sorry for the long post

Perhaps you could have done some homework while you were writing this UBER - LONG post.
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you had a serious illness, they should be more sympathetic. If you just had a normal illness of some kind then you still should have been keeping on top of your work really. If you fall behind, it's your fault, and you have to deal with the consequences.
Anonymous #1
As i have said, ive already handed the work in
Anonymous #1
(Original post by IanDangerously)
If you had a serious illness, they should be more sympathetic. If you just had a normal illness of some kind then you still should have been keeping on top of your work really. If you fall behind, it's your fault, and you have to deal with the consequences.
I told them that my illness was serious and to ring my parents and doctor to confirm. Even then they told me "no excuse".
Jazmine
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
/cut
I just need help
I know how you feel! I haven't been in college for about the same time, but I mailed my teachers to tell them why - I'm not ill, I just wanted to focus on exams. I haven't been in since college started on the 5th. I get stressed (and can get ill because of it) during them and so they understand, although they are not terribly pleased because, you know.. missing a lot, probably.

I hate going into college. It's a joke because it's my favourite year so far (it's my third year) and I have to FORCE myself in nearly every day, I often cry on the way because I fear it that much. I'm not one for crying either, my nickname's the Smiler, so there you go!

I struggle damn hard to get the grades I've achieved and I know what you mean about looking at your friends and seeing him swimming along with (for me) HIGHER grades saying "Isn't this so easy?" and I just want to give up 'cause it seems so much hassle for only A-Levels.

But I go on because as long as you put in the effort, as long as you do the homework regardless of it being late and as long as you revise your ass off when you're not attending lessons and you get those good grades, then you should feel good about yourself. Even if you don't get good grades, you can re-take and do better.

Yes, if you feel as if college is not for you - as it isn't for some people - then you can quit and get a job instead. Maybe go back to college later in life if you feel you need to and can get into it more.

I have no friends (I have people I speak to in lesson and such, but no one I'd see outside college, heh) because I want to study, so I have no one to talk to there also. Just try and get family support or even someone on the Internet to encourage you if you really don't have anyone else to do so.

Maybe inform your college, all students at my college have support workers and I used to speak to mine - who was lovely - if I needed help, they set me up with a department which helps me deal with things and informs everyone I come into contact with (staff) of my situation and so everyone's nicer about things. Hopefully, that'll stop your teachers being mean 'cause you'll be taken more seriously.

It'll get better, honestly.

EDIT: Just to say, I only get fearful of going in for reasons that don't relate to this so I won't mention them. But I've come up with a way to sort it, just need to brave it and go in first (after missing lessons, I get nervous about going back in) and then I'll be fine again =D I enjoy college.
LolaM
Report 9 years ago
This is the first time I've ever posted but I related so much to what you're saying so I just wanted to tell you...
A couple of years ago I felt exactly the same, especially the bit about feeling left behind by everyone else. I agree completely with the post about. Don't pile up loads of things at once. Just plan out which things are most important and work through it at the best pace you can.
I wouldn't worry about being left behind by your friends. Just concentrate on where you need to get to and you'll feel much better.
Also if you've been unwell just make sure you're looking after yourself. It will only make it worse if you're getting upset and not sleeping, trust me! Harming yourself will only bring up a whole big issue that will make it more difficult for you.
Sorry if this wasn't much help. I just felt for you =)
L
Alisa25
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

I just need help
Sorry for the long post
hEY! Cheer up!

Dont give a **** about what your teachers say!!

Mine are also very negative and patronising and pick on me ALL THE TIME!
So unprofessional! :mad:

Just relax. I feel like that sometimes (especially on thursdays when i've got all of them.....) and then i just think - "ok... get through the first half of a day, then it will be fine" etc. Just reflect on your situation and think about it.
Take it in your stride and dont let those stupid a-holes get the better of you!
I certainly wouldnt let them!! (and DONT!!) :cool:

School isnt worth worrying about that much. Keep your cool!! PM if you wanna let it all out and talk. Im a good listener.
time.to.dance
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
look at your priorities. what do you want out of life? what do you need to get out of school to achieve what you want? organise yourself. i know it sounds like a pain, i went through a similarish stage last year, n tbh should have sorted out myself earlier, n not so happy with gcses. this year i promised myself i'll get the alevels i want, the uni i need etc. set a goal, n work towards it. life is a b*tch most of the time, but there are times which you can look back at n smile. n most importantly ( in personal experience) seeing that you have achieved a goal you set yourself ( or anything actually!) really could help you push yourself further, motivate yourself! n possibly try finding ppl who study similar subjects to you- doesnt have to be ppl in school. n believe me, the ppl who you think are getting on fine n dandy, are most of the time not. dont feel upset about it! no-ones perfect. id just advice you to try n prioritise your goals, set motivations. :hugs: best of luck
Unicorn_Dream
Report 9 years ago
Hey there are bound to be SOME TEACHERS who are like that, even in uni...by reading your thread they ARE ridiculous, they are just trying to find an excuse to pick on someone. Do not get annoyed because of these ridiculous people. I mean, deep inside they HAVE to know when someone is really ill they cannot go to school not because they are lazy. Plus the fact that you did hand in your work! So what's wrong with them!! Tis not your fault/problem at all. You were ill, and you seeked advices and you handed in your work. You have done your bit. They SUCK. I agree.
Don't take what those teachers say seriously please. Some teachers are extremely biased and take sides...this all reminds me of how some lecturers treat their students in my uni...
flowerness
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Drop out or transfer to a college or something. I'm guessing you are doing A Levels because you mentioned Jan exams.
*Lou*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey,
There are always going to be teachers that are just picking on someone, because they can't pick on the one they really want (my theory ). I'm at Uni. now and I had the same problem just a week ago. I missed a compulsory seminar because I literally couldn't get up of bed (due to an illness) and even though my following work wasn't affected the professor claims that I should have come anyway
Don't worry too much really and if you need help with a subject and your teacher refuses to help, try to ask another teacher or a friend.
pink_cait
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe talk to someone (A head of department/year)

I did that for physics and it helped

And just smile

And sleeep

And eat chococolate
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow - you sound a lot like me ATM. I don't really have any advice, but maybe study at home (to show those stupid teachers that you can achieve without them), complain about the standard of education to the head, and maybe talk to the school counsellor about how you feel?
Dead6re
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I told them that my illness was serious and to ring my parents and doctor to confirm. Even then they told me "no excuse".
You should either get your parents to write a letter (if the work is not assessed by any exam boards) explaining what happened. You could get the doctor is write a note you can take in explaining your condition at the time.
staticrhubarb
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're having suicidal thoughts because your teachers are being mean to you?

Seriously?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by staticrhubarb)
You're having suicidal thoughts because your teachers are being mean to you?

Seriously?
Not because of the teachers, because i am thinking that i won't do well in life. Also i feel that everyday that goes by feel tedious.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (91)
26%
No (259)
74%

Watched Threads