Graphic....but serious help needed. I'm so scared. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi all.

I had a three month break from my pill whilst I wasn't seeing my boyfriend, then went back on it just before christmas. I've been on it since then, and carried on taking it past my three week break until Sunday. In all this time I missed 3 of them, so me being a natural worrier, I took a pregnancy test yesterday. It turned out negative.

I come on my period today, and whilst there is hardly any blood, I had about 30 minutes of bad stomach cramps, which I attribute to my continuation of the pill after the break day; I also used a hot water bottle on my stomach, which I thought may have helped too. I've just been to the toilet to change my pad, and I had a clot about the size of a 50p coin. The weird thing is, there wasn't really any blood on it, and when I looked at it closely, it seems like a mixture of thin skin and old blood. What do you think this is? I'm currently sitting here absolutely distraught that I've miscarriaged. I hope to God it isn't that...
emma_wemma
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
See a GP?

x
emilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ok this is from previous replies to other threads like this that have been made ok?

but often people have replied that when they have come on and off / not had a break / changed their routine with their pill, they offten get a sort of skin like thing come out, as a result of their messed up pill cycle.

i can't honestly give any advice, but try looking up past threads, many many others have had similar experiences when they have changed their pill routine drastically.

:hugs:
Anonymous #1
It's gone now though, I flushed it away. I don't know what a GP could tell me. I didn't know if anyone else had gone through something similar.

God, I'm crying now because I'm convincing myself I've miscarried a baby...
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's gone now though, I flushed it away. I don't know what a GP could tell me. I didn't know if anyone else had gone through something similar.

God, I'm crying now because I'm convincing myself I've miscarried a baby...
if you did miscarriage, it wasnt a baby, just a collection of cells, that had the potential to be a baby. and its not like you terminated on purpose.
and it probably want even a miscarriage! so just calm down
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
even if it was a miscarridge it wasnt a baby. Next time take more responsibility when you miss you pill.
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
I have weird clotting blood so I get big blood clots all the time when I'm on my period, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you probably just caused by pill.
vintage_007
Report 9 years ago
Don't stress out as I think everyone above is right - people often get things like that if they mess up their cycles, and you almost definitely didnt miscarry x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Trigger)
even if it was a miscarridge it wasnt a baby. Next time take more responsibility when you miss you pill.

If I had fell pregnant it wouldn't have been a bad thing, we would both be happy even if it wasn't planned.

I've just taken another test and it was negative....it couldn't have been a baby right??
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I used to pass quite large clots myself and I was a virgin when they were happening. Apparently passing clots is quite normal after a break from the pill according to my friends. OP I doubt you have miscarried as there is usually a very heavy flow during a miscarriage.
Anonymous #3
Report 9 years ago
This happened to me exactly as you described it, best thing is (i know it sounds horrible) go to A & E, take the clot in a jar and show them. Chances are they'll send it for tests, then you can know for sure.
vanilla camel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There would have been a lot more blood if you had miscarried because your womb would actually have thickened, so don't worry too much. Plus you wouldn't be able to see it at this stage would you? How late was your period? It takes quite a while for it to be that big.
Hisoo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This could be the lining of your vagina as it renews itself quite often and gets passed out when you are on your period.

As Annie says, it's very unlikely to be a miscarriage as there is a lot of blood lost as well as some quite sharp stomach cramps. If you're still not sure OP then ring up NHS Direct.

:hugs:
FTC199
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i reckon it is because you have been on and off of the pill. when you are on it, you dont get a proper bleed but then you were and now you arent again so it is probably just your body being slightly messed up by the artificial hormones
foundintransmission
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I've had clots like this before when I've had no chance of being pregnant, it's just the lining of your uterus not breaking down properly before coming out. I'm pretty sure you've not miscarried, now calm down and go have a brew or sumat :o:
tayalouise
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go to your GP, they will tell you everything you need to know and put your mind at rest
In the future, because you're a worrier, don't mess with your cycle so much and just continue taking it regardless of seeing your boyfriend
kmcassley
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
nah, its definitley not a miscarriage!! its just the pill, i have those weird looking clots when i come off my pill, nothing to worry about! :o:
Anonymous #4
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi all.

I had a three month break from my pill whilst I wasn't seeing my boyfriend, then went back on it just before christmas. I've been on it since then, and carried on taking it past my three week break until Sunday. In all this time I missed 3 of them, so me being a natural worrier, I took a pregnancy test yesterday. It turned out negative.

I come on my period today, and whilst there is hardly any blood, I had about 30 minutes of bad stomach cramps, which I attribute to my continuation of the pill after the break day; I also used a hot water bottle on my stomach, which I thought may have helped too. I've just been to the toilet to change my pad, and I had a clot about the size of a 50p coin. The weird thing is, there wasn't really any blood on it, and when I looked at it closely, it seems like a mixture of thin skin and old blood. What do you think this is? I'm currently sitting here absolutely distraught that I've miscarriaged. I hope to God it isn't that...
There's a high chance it wasn't a miscarriage at all, like you said, you took a test and it was negative and changing your pill routine cand have a big effect on your period. I've had a 14 day period before becuse of chnges in my pill taking. And when I'm off the pill, the clots you describe are exactly what I get in my natural period, the endometrium is a lining made up of tissue/blood vessels etc so it is likely you'll get clots just as you've described, I do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads