What's going on with postage costs on eBay? Watch

Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I have been a regular seller for a few years, but haven't actually sold anything for a few months (if that makes sense ). Today I list some DVDs and Blu Rays, and apparently I have to make my postage FREE. :mad:

Everyone knows that regular sellers used the postage to actually make a small profit, now that I don't know how to charge for P&P it seems really strange.

I only usually charge £1 postage for first class delivery of a DVD, it's hardly extortionate. But now eBay tells me I cannot charge anything more than £0.00 for each item I list. :mad:

How do I become able to charge for P&P?
ten bob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You should stop ripping people off!
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
(Original post by ten bob)
You should stop ripping people off!
Oh yeah, let's give it all away. :rolleyes:
Nonsmoking
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ebay is consistantly making it harder for people to sell stuff. They made it essential to list Paypal as a purchase option, and you can't leave 'tit for tat' feedback. They care more about the buyer than the seller.
ten bob
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
Oh yeah, let's give it all away. :rolleyes:
Charge a fair price for the item instead of cleaning up on the postage.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
(Original post by ten bob)
Charge a fair price for the item instead of cleaning up on the postage.
My DVDs are all listed at a starting price of 99p. And with FREE postage now, I might add. :shifty: Usually if someone bought my item, I would be guaranteed at least £1.99 (99p auction + postage of £1). Now I am going to be left with much less.

I guess eBay is now a Buyer's market. Luckily I still buy on there, too. Time to find some bargains.
cazamatazz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just bought some stuff off ebay, and it's stuck at the post office until I go along and pay the postage plus a handling fee. Guh.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
(Original post by cazamatazz)
I just bought some stuff off ebay, and it's stuck at the post office until I go along and pay the postage plus a handling fee. Guh.
I guess either the postage label fell off in transit, or the seller didn't bother paying for postage in the first place. If it's the latter, then it's disgusting. Make sure you leave an appropriate comment in the feedback, maybe even negative if he doesn't explain.
AndiPeters
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know its disgraceful. I brought a bar of soap off ebay last week and postage was £7.50. An absolute joke im going to be having words with someone about about because people are going to far and taking liberties and this current economical situation
emmaholloway
Report 9 years ago
It might be because there's a promotion going on until march 31st. You get 20% off some other costs.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
About time too!
lebanon85
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AndiPeters)
I know its disgraceful. I brought a bar of soap off ebay last week and postage was £7.50. An absolute joke im going to be having words with someone about about because people are going to far and taking liberties and this current economical situation
:lolwut: you order soap online?

PS can I have your autograph Andy?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, it has been noticed that some sellers charge too much on the postage as it isn't counted towards the commission for eBay. I've seen flash drives or something buy now for 1p and the postage is £19.98 or something.
~Vicky~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have been a regular seller for a few years, but haven't actually sold anything for a few months (if that makes sense ). Today I list some DVDs and Blu Rays, and apparently I have to make my postage FREE. :mad:

Everyone knows that regular sellers used the postage to actually make a small profit, now that I don't know how to charge for P&P it seems really strange.

I only usually charge £1 postage for first class delivery of a DVD, it's hardly extortionate. But now eBay tells me I cannot charge anything more than £0.00 for each item I list. :mad:

How do I become able to charge for P&P?
Why would you charge for P & P? Just put the price in the cost.
cazamatazz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I guess either the postage label fell off in transit, or the seller didn't bother paying for postage in the first place. If it's the latter, then it's disgusting. Make sure you leave an appropriate comment in the feedback, maybe even negative if he doesn't explain.
I think it may just be stupidity. They sent me a pretty badly-spelt message.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (381)
79.54%
Leave (98)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise