Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz
3066MB RAM
NIVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS Chipset
120GB free on HDD
5019MB page file available
Vista Home Premium

Thanks for any replies! I am desperate to buy this game but don't want to waste money if it's going to play as slow as an autistic 5 year old.
12ian34
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA...led-12174.html
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Slow processor imo
estel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It should run ok.
AndiPeters
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No chance pal.
T.K.B
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Check here to test out your system for the game requirements- that will answer your question better than anything
Henry12321
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AndiPeters)
No chance pal.
This I'm afraid, it runs shockingly on beefier desktops, Rockstar have really not optimised the game well for the PC.
estel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Henry12321)
This I'm afraid, it runs shockingly on beefier desktops, Rockstar have really not optimised the game well for the PC.
No, he was incorrect. There have been a few patches since initial release and provided OP uses the latest nvidia drivers, he can expect the game to run as smoothly as its console release.
(Original post by T.K.B)
Check here to test out your system for the game requirements- that will answer your question better than anything

Thankyou fantastic link.
Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful. Anyone any links for specific patches?
Henry12321
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by estel)
No, he was incorrect. There have been a few patches since initial release and provided OP uses the latest nvidia drivers, he can expect the game to run as smoothly as its console release.
Ah right, fair play, I didn't realise the patches has improved performance. As a vanilla install, it did run very badly, but as long as the OP uses the patches he should be fine then
T.K.B
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by josht111)
Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful. Anyone any links for specific patches?
you can search on google for the latest patch. HERES what Ive found. Hope that helps
SovietRussiaFH
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It runs OK on mine;

Core 2 Duo T9300 @ 2.5GHz
4GB DDR2
160GB HDD
GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB
Vista Home Premium 32
astudent
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No offence or anything but even with the latest patch that 9600mgs is gonna struggle big time. Dont look at those online requirements tests, they in no way provide accurate information. Also I assume your 2ghz processor is a t7200m meaning napa platform, meaning 667 fsb meaning bad Even if its not 2ghz c2d is not nearly enough.

My advice is not to get it if your laptop is the best gaming rig you have.
(Original post by astudent)
No offence or anything but even with the latest patch that 9600mgs is gonna struggle big time. Dont look at those online requirements tests, they in no way provide accurate information. Also I assume your 2ghz processor is a t7200m meaning napa platform, meaning 667 fsb meaning bad Even if its not 2ghz c2d is not nearly enough.

My advice is not to get it if your laptop is the best gaming rig you have.
Thankyou good advice. t7200m? I guess it's napa, because it's Intel, I'm afraid I'm not very proficient in processors! Dxdiag: P7350 @ 2.00 Ghz
astudent
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh ok so its not very old and is montevina, but still it isnt sufficient for gta, and doesnt even cover the manufacturer minimum requirements (which are a bit optimistic). Maybe on 800x600 low settings you will get some stuttering, but its not worth it to buy the game for this machine in my opinion.
(Original post by astudent)
Oh ok so its not very old and is montevina, but still it isnt sufficient for gta, and doesnt even cover the manufacturer minimum requirements (which are a bit optimistic). Maybe on 800x600 low settings you will get some stuttering, but its not worth it to buy the game for this machine in my opinion.
Okay. Thanks for the heads-up. Gutted
I bought it anyway, and I must say it runs surprisingly well. I run it 800x600 with all settings on medium and it plays well. The only problem is shadows, which appear grainy and almost pixelated. Pretty impressed though.
Morgoth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hich appear grainy and almost pixelated. Pretty impressed though.
pretty much does that on all settings lol
(Original post by Morgoth)
pretty much does that on all settings lol

haha. :thumbsup:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (10)
37.04%
No (17)
62.96%

Watched Threads