Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How's QM's engineering department ? D= any league tables showing results?

About accomodation do the rooms have fitted internet wired/wireless any restricted websites/usage?

:o:

ReputationRep:
    The engineering dept's fine, but there's only so much league tables can tell you. Have you been to the uni? Can you see yourself there? Do you think you'll like the course structure? These far more important things to be considering than what some ponce at the Times thinks of the uni.

And all accommodation comes with wired internet...and you can go on whatever websites you like, but I think ports for torrents and such are blocked (but that's the case at most unis).

ReputationRep:
    I'm 3rd year studying engineering at QM and I think the course is great. Though it is damn hardwork! In my first year I'm sure that I had more work to do than any of my friends on other courses. I would recommend learning about the modules you will be taking at QM (which are pretty much the same as any other uni) and also to try making an appointment with a member of staff. They will be more than happy to sit down and have a chat.

As far as accomodation goes...its great! I'm living in halls now and my room is wicked. I do recommend you to check the uni out first though.

ReputationRep:
    Engineering is one of the most work-intensive courses in the university. League placing obviously hold some weight, but Engineering is such as old discipline, it normally works on establishment, i.e. how long it's been around and who's worked where and who they know; for that, you cannot go wrong with QM. It was the universities first department in 1885.

There are other universities that are great for engineering in their own right including Brunel (believe it or not!) and Surrey, and these don't hold good league placing's either. But they're well known in the trade due to establishment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    And all accommodation comes with wired internet...and you can go on whatever websites you like, but I think ports for torrents and such are blocked (but that's the case at most unis).
    Nope, no blocked ports any more.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 2, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.