What would you do? Watch

Scouting for Girls
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm at Uni and I am currently hating it. I'm an outgoing guy, went to every sociable event that was on offer, got in with a 'lads' group but then fell out with one of the guys because they hadn't included me in their house for next year. I then had to switch social groups to people in my block, it then from about Christmas time got to a stage where they were discussing houses next year. I've talked to two of the people going into the house next year without really getting anywhere and I have asked another bunch of lads and they have given me mixed replies.

I'm seriously hating uni now, I feel so alone and depressed right now and I have no motivation to go to any of my lectures or go out. I feel as though I have ****** things up. Everyone has decided on who they are living with next year and I'm just stuck on my own. I want to do things over again, do things differently and really want to drop out of Uni, and start again in September.

Any advise on what you would do?

Thanks.
timetokill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If its prodominantly a housing situation, you could re-apply to halls next year if you can at your university? I live with freshers this year, and as a second year myself its pretty cool, it means you get to be an honourary fresher again for the rest of the year as and when you wish, but you have the informed knowledge of a second year.

If you are ok with your course, (apart from the lack of motivation, which is probably because you are stressing about other aspects of university life) and the university is good then it would seem silly to drop out and have to start again because of potential housing issues next year.
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You dont need to live with your closest friends to have a good time next year. A lot of people try to vary who they live with in the second year so they can meet new people. You may find people find houses and find they have an extra room to fill- so you get offers that way or you can ask around people you know vaguely to see if they'd be interested to live with another person.

Basically, get yourself out there and ask people who they're living with etc.

You could probably apply to be a halls steward or live with randoms'/alone if worst comes to the worst. But hiding yourself away isn't the answer, nor is dropping out!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (144)
18.44%
No (475)
60.82%
Not really bothered about them (162)
20.74%

Watched Threads