This discussion is closed.
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
When is the senior maths challenge? I'm taking part and I know that it's soon but I'm not sure of the exact date.

Here is the most difficult question from last years SMC for anybody who is interested. I didn't get the answer when I actually sat the test but I managed to work it out afterwards:

Let N be a positive integer less than 10^2002. When the digit 1 is placed after the last digit of N, the number formed is three times as many as the number formed when the digit 1 is placed in frpont of the first digit of N. How many different values of N are there?
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ralfskini)
When is the senior maths challenge? I'm taking part and I know that it's soon but I'm not sure of the exact date.

Here is the most difficult question from last years SMC for anybody who is interested. I didn't get the answer when I actually sat the test but I managed to work it out afterwards:

Let N be a positive integer less than 10^2002. When the digit 1 is placed after the last digit of N, the number formed is three times as many as the number formed when the digit 1 is placed in frpont of the first digit of N. How many different values of N are there?
Next Tuesday.
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Next Tuesday.
Thanks.
TK0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
did physics olympiad 2day, 3 goddamn hours of it!!!

doing smc next tues too, did it last yr n got bronze which annoyed me, no marks for working is hard esp if you lose one of the twists to the questions. anyway good luck.
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
(Original post by TK0)
did physics olympiad 2day, 3 goddamn hours of it!!!

doing smc next tues too, did it last yr n got bronze which annoyed me, no marks for working is hard esp if you lose one of the twists to the questions. anyway good luck.
Good Luck to you, too. Are you going to do any AEAs?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (103)
48.58%
Take exams next summer (31)
14.62%
Change uni choice through clearing (52)
24.53%
Apply to uni next year instead (20)
9.43%
I'm not applying to university (6)
2.83%

Watched Threads