Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When is the senior maths challenge? I'm taking part and I know that it's soon but I'm not sure of the exact date.

Here is the most difficult question from last years SMC for anybody who is interested. I didn't get the answer when I actually sat the test but I managed to work it out afterwards:

Let N be a positive integer less than 10^2002. When the digit 1 is placed after the last digit of N, the number formed is three times as many as the number formed when the digit 1 is placed in frpont of the first digit of N. How many different values of N are there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    When is the senior maths challenge? I'm taking part and I know that it's soon but I'm not sure of the exact date.

Here is the most difficult question from last years SMC for anybody who is interested. I didn't get the answer when I actually sat the test but I managed to work it out afterwards:

Let N be a positive integer less than 10^2002. When the digit 1 is placed after the last digit of N, the number formed is three times as many as the number formed when the digit 1 is placed in frpont of the first digit of N. How many different values of N are there?
    Next Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Next Tuesday.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    did physics olympiad 2day, 3 goddamn hours of it!!!

doing smc next tues too, did it last yr n got bronze which annoyed me, no marks for working is hard esp if you lose one of the twists to the questions. anyway good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)
    did physics olympiad 2day, 3 goddamn hours of it!!!

doing smc next tues too, did it last yr n got bronze which annoyed me, no marks for working is hard esp if you lose one of the twists to the questions. anyway good luck.
    Good Luck to you, too. Are you going to do any AEAs?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2003
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.