Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He hated Christmas; I love Christmas! I don't like all these barking little characters appearing at the end of messages though. These guys are ok: :confused: :p: :cool:

But: :tsr: :bebored: :bootyshak:

You're kidding, right? :rolleyes:
maverick_87
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
Jamie, you asked this a few months ago and was advised to join then!!

Extra curriculars are taken very seriously, as they show whether you've got the motivation and commitment to make the most of the opportunities you're offered. If I was you I'd look at joining your ATC asap and get involved in the adventurous training, sports, D of E, community work, BTEC's etc that they offer. You can pack a lot in;even in a few months!!

I'm going Glacier walking in Norway with them soon;something I'd never have done otherwise!!
Yeah i think I will go ATC, but it is difficult for me to make any decision regarding the RAF at the moment, because of this inhaler thing i dont even know if ill get in at all, and i cant find out till i apply .....

Plus its twice a week, a long distance from my house, i know absolutely no one there, plus my age, thats why i wasnt sure.. but your saying its worth it yes?

As for activities i have done; ... not much yet. I visit a gym occasionally, do running twice a week, played football for a local team until last year (thinking about re-joining) Its pretty difficult for me to get invloved with anything really, as i live in a village without so much as a shop, let alone a gym, and not being able to drive yet ... its bloody anoying :mad:
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Vladek)
Excellent, i'll forget about learning all the important stuff and work on my comedy skills!
Cross your fingers for a pair of F3 mates at the interview.

It's not comedy, it's fact delivered in a dry wit.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jamie_JAGGERS)
Yeah i think I will go ATC, but it is difficult for me to make any decision regarding the RAF at the moment, because of this inhaler thing i dont even know if ill get in at all, and i cant find out till i apply .....
That seems like a self answering question. If you don't know if you're medically fit, get your arse in gear and apply, and do a bloody medical! Look, are you keen on being the sort of person the RAF want, or are you only wanting to do things because you think the RAF want it? If you can't be arsed to join an ATC squadron because you're not sure if you're medically fit to be a pilot, then do be honest that's not the sort of attitude we like.

Join the ATC like a shot now if you want to be in the RAF and you have no other extra-curricular stuff to talk about.

Plus its twice a week, a long distance from my house, i know absolutely no one there, plus my age, thats why i wasnt sure.. but your saying its worth it yes?
My heart bleeds; we have cut pilot recruitment to around 50%, you know? ITT down from 185 to 100? Sorry to be harsh, but if you want it, you have to be better than the other guys applying. Get EVERYTHING in your back pocket! Work for charity! Volunteer! Get into every cadet group going! Help your local scouts! Help old people! Do ANYTHING! It's a long distance? So are those you'll be marching through IOT and that's **** all compared to the effort flying training'll take.

As for activities i have done; ... not much yet. I visit a gym occasionally, do running twice a week,
Personal fitness isn't really an extra curricular activity. Keep this all up though.

played football for a local team until last year (thinking about re-joining)
Why only thinking?? If you had done it, maybe you'd be in a position of responsibility within it now. Help run it. Organise some sponsorship. There's so much to do but you have to look for it!

Its pretty difficult for me to get invloved with anything really, as i live in a village without so much as a shop, let alone a gym, and not being able to drive yet ... its bloody anoying :mad:
You have a pair of legs and (I'll bet) a local bus service. As the saying goes, man up and get on with it.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Perhaps you should listen :rolleyes:

No faster way to make people dislike you in the RAF than to become a jumped up UAS stude with a little too much opinion of yourself... seen it happen!

:eek: I hope you don't think of me like that! Though I have seen a few like that already. They didn't last long with the other candidates. I'm just generally in awe of anything to do with the air force and can't wait to be a part of it!
REME-Bod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
He hated Christmas; I love Christmas! I don't like all these barking little characters appearing at the end of messages though. These guys are ok: :confused: :p: :cool:

LOL. Yeah :p:
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
I don't like all these barking little characters appearing at the end of messages though. These guys are ok: :confused: :p: :cool:

I like some of the new smilies. But I agree, some of them are quite tacky and annoying!
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
I'm just generally in awe of anything to do with the air force and can't wait to be a part of it!

Me too. At least your wait is substantially shorter than mine. I can't wait to join a UAS, they sound brilliant fun. :santaclau (this one's to spread a bit of xmas spirit!)
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

As for activities i have done; ... not much yet. I visit a gym occasionally, do running twice a week, played football for a local team until last year (thinking about re-joining) Its pretty difficult for me to get invloved with anything really, as i live in a village without so much as a shop, let alone a gym, and not being able to drive yet ... its bloody anoying :mad:
So What? I live in a village out in the sticks and go to my ATC twice a week. Where's your motivation and commitment? You could do loads of activities covering teamwork and leadership skills over the next nine months, and there's people that join the same age as you. You really shouldn't be having to be persuaded to join;you should be banging the door down!!

Just get on with it!
Vladek
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I loved the ATC, really good fun, even if they did make you... do exercise at camp!!! :|
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I loved the ATC, really good fun, even if they did make you... do exercise at camp!!! :|

And that was the fun part!!
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nothing wrong with exercise. I wouldn't say it's the fun bit about my job, but it's not bad....
Vladek
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And that was the fun part!!

I always liked the night excercises where you had to rescue the wounded football and bring it back on a stretcher in the pitch black!
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Nothing wrong with exercise. I wouldn't say it's the fun bit about my job, but it's not bad....

No, really...that is the fun part!!
Vladek
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
More fun that drill in the rain, NEVER!
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In which case you'll love some of the fun on IOT.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Errr... in which case, you really need to try flying!
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
In which case you'll love some of the fun on IOT.

I'm looking forward to it
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Errr... in which case, you really need to try flying!

Well, I do keep asking!!
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
More fun that drill in the rain, NEVER!

Well, I suppose it takes it all sorts really :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads