Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
good luck! Remember to have fun! Cranwell is a nice place. And the bar is cheap! 40p for my drink last time!
Cranwell's a horribly grim place, but it does the job. As far as the bar goes, the Candidates' Mess is rubbish; I recommend you stay off the beer and leave it for celebrating when you get to your first proper RAF bar with a job under your belt. Fancy a hangover for your interview?
Vladek
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Yes, I do know, but after the previous comment about getting rid of pilots I'm not going to tell you

Don't worry I'll remember to tamper with your ejector seat one day
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Joining as an airman plumber now are you?

Actually, there was a spate of that a long time ago at a few bases that'll remain nameless; initiator sears on the seat main guns being disconnected. It's an absolutely horrible thought; apparently someone was a bit hacked off at having to wait to PVR, and luckily the pilot knew his seat checks. Luckily, I've only had one snag which led to me thinking about ejecting, and thankfully I didn't need to; but God, don't joke about it
Vladek
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Joining as an airman plumber now are you?

Actually, there was a spate of that a long time ago at a few bases that'll remain nameless; initiator sears on the seat main guns being disconnected. It's an absolutely horrible thought; apparently someone was a bit hacked off at having to wait to PVR, and luckily the pilot knew his seat checks. Luckily, I've only had one snag which led to me thinking about ejecting, and thankfully I didn't need to; but God, don't joke about it
Bloody hell, thats a bit off to say the least!

And no, although i can plumb, failing being a Engineer I guess i could fall back on that
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In the airman world:

Plumbers = armourers, "leckies"= airframe electrics techs, faries = avionics techs, riggers = airframe techs, sooties = propulsion techs.
Vladek
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
In the airman world:

Plumbers = armourers, "leckies"= airframe electrics techs, faries = avionics techs, riggers = airframe techs, sooties = propulsion techs.
Oh right i get you know, still you never know when soldering pipe work might come in handy!
maverick_87
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
So What? I live in a village out in the sticks and go to my ATC twice a week. Where's your motivation and commitment? You could do loads of activities covering teamwork and leadership skills over the next nine months, and there's people that join the same age as you. You really shouldn't be having to be persuaded to join;you should be banging the door down!!

Just get on with it!
I think i will, but i only me father drives (and he works obviously), no friends interested in joining, the nearest squadron is 2 bus journeys and a long walk away. I can, and probably will join, but what i was asking was would it be worth it?
Scorg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
I really, really hate that smiley
I really really hate that car, guess they where made for each other
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jamie_JAGGERS)
I think i will, but i only me father drives (and he works obviously), no friends interested in joining, the nearest squadron is 2 bus journeys and a long walk away. I can, and probably will join, but what i was asking was would it be worth it?

I really don't know how much more clearly people can spell it out to you. :rolleyes:

Stop asking and just do it!!!
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)
I really really hate that car, guess they where made for each other
Eh??
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jamie_JAGGERS)
Define long? Are you going to have to spend 5 hours on the bus then walk 10k?

People are sitting here telling you that getting involved with the ATC very quickly would be one of the better things you could do towards enhancing your application; yet you're still asking if it's worth it?

It's not going to get you a job, but look at it this way; it can't hurt, can it???
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Eh??
The butt end smiley and the car, was refering to them being similar

but anyhow, thats gone way off topic
cwarranto
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
No, that's crap. We may have too many, but shutting down all the DE flights, all of the flying at Linton, METS, Shawbury and Valley for a year's a little on the silly side.

Course sizes will go down, pilot recruitment is already down to around 50% of previous years, but whoever said 2 is a moron.
Whoa, whoa. I was only repeating what i had been told. Its not an officer quality to lie is it? Integrity is a key feature of what OASC try to look for. However, you being closer to the knife edge WZZ, you undoubtedly hold a more sharper perspective on the situation.

How is Angelsey these days anyway? Is that pub just of the Menai Bridge still there? They used to do good food once. The beaches are pretty good if you're into 4x4 driving!
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by heapsey)
off to cranwell tommorow, i hope i last the 4 days there (ill be gutted if i dont) oh well wish me luck

Good luck We want a detailed account of how you've got on
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by semisonic)
hey when you go if you cud get the results of the December review, or tell them to get a hurry on that'd be great!!

Do you think he might be able to put in a good word for me prior to my visit in Feb? :rolleyes:
semisonic
Report 15 years ago
For all those invololved in the Dec review board I can confirm it must have hapenned as I got my big fat envelope through the letterbox!!

Any other good news??
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For all those invololved in the Dec review board I can confirm it must have hapenned as I got my big fat envelope through the letterbox!!

Any other good news??

I'm assuming you've been offered what you wanted! Congratulations and Well done, you'll have a fantastic xmas now :santaclau

Lets hope the news is as good for others waiting!
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cwarranto)
Whoa, whoa. I was only repeating what i had been told. Its not an officer quality to lie is it? Integrity is a key feature of what OASC try to look for. However, you being closer to the knife edge WZZ, you undoubtedly hold a more sharper perspective on the situation.

How is Angelsey these days anyway? Is that pub just of the Menai Bridge still there? They used to do good food once. The beaches are pretty good if you're into 4x4 driving!
No offence meant to you; it's just annoying when such tripe hits the public domain.

I don't like 4x4 driving, but next time I'm near Anglesey I wouldn't mind the beaches; they were lovely. Menai Bridge I've never been to, but thanks, I'll bear it in mind!
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Any other good news??
Told you it was in December
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Any other good news??
Well, gonna tell us what the contence is in the big fat envelope then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads