BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Daveo123)
Hi all,

Just to let you know, Easyjet are donating 25p per click to the National Society for Epilepsy at the following link:

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/News/20041224_01.html

Please click it and pass it on to everyone.

Regards
does it work if I click more than once? I think I clicked 20 times
melly742
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
AFCO (RAF)
Cambridge Road
PORTSMOUTH
PO1 2EN

T: 0845 605 5555
F: 02392 023 9287 7320
E: [email protected]

Most info is fairly easy to look up
Thanks, I mostly meant has anyone had any experience of what they are like, because people were discussing whether their branches were helpful? cheers
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Daveo123)
I'll do that! Thanks Nikki

Hope it's successful. I'm a big fan of raising as much money as possible for charities It's a shame we can't do one for the Asian Tsunami Although I'm planning to get my cadet squadron to do something when we return.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by melly742)
Thanks, I mostly meant has anyone had any experience of what they are like, because people were discussing whether their branches were helpful? cheers

Your best bet is to judge for yourself. From what I can gather, most people have had positive experiences through their local AFCO's, and you've certainly nothing to lose by dropping in.
maverick_87
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
Perhaps you were just unfortunate in who you got!

The officers at my local AFCO have been lovely, and haven't told me any rubbish info yet (well at least none I'm aware of).
The ones at my local Peterborough one were friendly, but from what i hear on this site gave bad advice, ie having to be under 5: 11 to be FJ aircrew ect.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I suppose it varies as the people do. I always speak to a couple of different people at AFCOs. everyone has their own perspectives
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the dundee afco tried to talk me into aircrew at one point, even though my eyesight definetly wouldnt be up to scratch for it
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think AFCO's do a great job on the whole. I suppose you can't expect one person (often very young in service) to know every specific detail for every job within the RAF.

This just goes to show the importance of doing your own research around the specific requirements of the branch you're interested in, as well as getting work exp, visiting bases and talking to people who actually do the job.
melly742
Report 13 years ago
I will ask the AFCO this but its sunday so i dont suppose they would be open, so i wondered if anyone here knew. I have slightly old glasses and wonder if they test your "corrected vision" using an optician or if they take it from your glasses (sort of test you whilst wearing your glasses). I want to know whether to get a new pair or not.
Thanks
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you would have to get you optician to fill in a form from the RAF which will cost you a few quid. you dont need a new pair of glasses, your own optician will test you again for the most up to date information.
melly742
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
you would have to get you optician to fill in a form from the RAF which will cost you a few quid. you dont need a new pair of glasses, your own optician will test you again for the most up to date information.
OK cheers
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if you put down on your app form that you wear glaases you should recieve it automatically I think when they give you more paperwork to fill in!
melly742
Report 13 years ago
Just found this on another board, anyone know anything about it?

" I have been speaking to two RAF boarding officers from OASC whilst at Grantown last week and they have told me that next year there will be no vacancies for ANY trades except RAF regiment of which there are 396 places. "
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
not true. Trades are opening up at the end of january and I know for definate that avioncs, and other engineering branches are recuiting and that NCOs slots have been open all year. I believe we have had this discussion though it was about pilots.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just found this on another board, anyone know anything about it?

" I have been speaking to two RAF boarding officers from OASC whilst at Grantown last week and they have told me that next year there will be no vacancies for ANY trades except RAF regiment of which there are 396 places. "
can I have the url please?
melly742
Report 13 years ago
can I have the url please?
thank you, you are a godsend! I will pm it to you.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thank you, you are a godsend! I will pm it to you.
your welcome. I only know that as I was sorely tempted to join the RAF without a degree just now.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
not true. Trades are opening up at the end of january and I know for definate that avioncs, and other engineering branches are recuiting and that NCOs slots have been open all year. I believe we have had this discussion though it was about pilots.

We have. It was deemed as scaremongering then, so I don't think it will have really changed in the space of a couple of weeks!!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
good for a giggle:

http://nimportequi.com/v_d_o/lecteur.swf?vid=126

was on a RM thing somewhere
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
any ideas on what I should be bringing to UAS training? I have a sports kit (and a couple changes) and suits, just wondering if anything else might be needed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
31.03%
No (40)
68.97%

Watched Threads