Nikki J S
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Summary of new 'rules'

As you may or may not have noticed TSR has today introduced a warning system.

certain antisocial behaviour will result in a warning being issued and points being given.

If a member reaches 10 points then they will recieve an automatic 7 day ban. Any attempts to log in to TSR using an alternative account during these 7 days will result in the alternative account being banned too (ie it's a real ban and not just a slight inconvenience).

The range of "offences"

Duplicate posting: Don't worry - accidental double posts won't be penalised.

Bad Language: Deliberatly trying to avoid the swear filter OR being insulting towards another member

Advertising: especially starting a thread just to promote a product, website or service...

Racism: also for abusing someone solely because of their religion

Abuse to admin: :eek: :eek:

Adult related: :confused:

We'd best all leave now then :eek:
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Marvellous. So I can't disagree with an admin? I can't say anything adult related? This thread's about joining an organisation people die in, that's pretty adult.

Can I say "****" if the swear filter catches it?
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

edit to say; damn, clever swear filter
dirts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hi everybody, was searching for something else completely different on the web and stumbled across these pages - some posts looked interesting and just decided to join...
nikki, i'd say a good one is: know your age in years and months for the interview, it's one of the first things they ask you and it may catch you off guard (but you probably already knew about that one!)
as for they eyesight questions, i'm (if anything) very slightly longsighted. I was told at my medical that they prefered that in potential pilots to being slightly short-sighted, as they know which way your eyes have the potential to deteriorate, ie not in the short-sighted sense. so in that case wzz, your guess work was spot on!
wzz, where are you based, i probably know you!
sublime_envy, hope you enjoyed your first flight, i'll never forget mine!
Scorg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So its all gone a bit SS then has it? Maybe we should all do that group chat we keep saying we are going to do, before we all get 7 days in solitary!

(resisted need to swear. will keep that for the car forum (that going to get points too!))
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dirts)
Hi everybody, was searching for something else completely different on the web and stumbled across these pages - some posts looked interesting and just decided to join...
wzz, where are you based, i probably know you!
Welcome Dirts, So your someone thats currently in then? any chance of telling us what branch your in?
cwarranto
Report 15 years ago
Shhhhhh!

Heir Flick from ze gestappo is close. Now listen carefully as i shall on say zis vonce.

I have the picture of the Madonna with the fallen boobies carefully concealed in my sausage. Once the coast is clear, i shal whip it owt for all to see.
dirts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)
Welcome Dirts, So your someone thats currently in then? any chance of telling us what branch your in?
Yeah, been in just over 5 years, pilot.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dirts)
Yeah, been in just over 5 years, pilot.

I'm sure Wzz will appreciate someone helping him in his one man crusade as careers advisor for people wanting to join the RAF

What kind of pilot are you?
dirts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
I'm sure Wzz will appreciate someone helping him in his one man crusade as careers advisor for people wanting to join the RAF

What kind of pilot are you?
Yeah, the man's done well - hope he doesn't think I'm treading on his shoes here!! I'm FJ, in the south of england. (Rules out stinking F3s!) :aetsch:

What uni do you want to go to?
cwarranto
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
The tone of this place is definitely going downhill :rolleyes:
You keep providing the opportunities and i'll deliver the material!

Seriously though, Dirts, how did you find the whole OASC process? Sure we'd all like to know what, if anything, has changed
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
is anyone here in a university air sqaudron ? If so email me @ [email protected] . Sure we can see if different squadrons have the same experiences!
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what Fj are you mate ? how long you been in ? f-3s arent so bad cumon ! you done linton and valley then? where did you do your eft ? im @ church fenton on mine :bootyshak
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dirts)
Yeah, the man's done well - hope he doesn't think I'm treading on his shoes here!! I'm FJ, in the south of england. (Rules out stinking F3s!) :aetsch:

St Andrew's is a strong contender, as is Durham (The UAS's thye're linked to seem pretty good too).Parents are pushing for Oxford, although that's one of my least favourites,(the course is too heavily research based) so not too sure about 3rd/4th choices. I'll be visiting half a dozen or so over the next few months, so should have a better idea then.

I don't want to think about it too much a the moment. I need to pass OASC first!! :eek:
dirts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cwarranto)
You keep providing the opportunities and i'll deliver the material!

Seriously though, Dirts, how did you find the whole OASC process? Sure we'd all like to know what, if anything, has changed
I went to OASC before christmas '98! I don't remember that much of it in great detail to be honest, although from what I gather, things don't seem to have changed dramatically since then. The system is a tried and tested one that generally (but not always, of course!) gets the right people in. Having said that, I've seen some right flids get in(!) and contrastingly seen some absolute stars from my old UAS been rejected who would (IMHO) have made great officers/pilots.
The one thing I do remember though, is sat on the train leaving grantham, telling myself (and some of the people I met there) that it was at the very least a good experience which would have put me in good stead for any other interview had I not been accepted. I also remember wanting never to sleep in those H-blocks, or to go through the whole process ever again! (Sorry!)
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Andy Caldwell)
what Fj are you mate ? how long you been in ? f-3s arent so bad cumon ! you done linton and valley then? where did you do your eft ? im @ church fenton on mine :bootyshak

I really hate that smiley
dirts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
touchy, nikki!
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
dirts you got Fj ? where are you ? what you on ~? what UAS were you in?
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
sorry bout the smiley . you gonna answer my question dirts?
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dirts)

Whats up with the F3?
I see them everyday being in F3 valley (points to the location part in the post title)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (162)
15.58%
Uncertainty around my education (170)
16.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (100)
9.62%
Isolating with family (71)
6.83%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (39)
3.75%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.65%
Loneliness (103)
9.9%
Financial worries (46)
4.42%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (95)
9.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (74)
7.12%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.65%

Watched Threads