BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)
I dont know why, but i'd love to try it, but then most ive experenced is Concorde on take off followed by an A320 on a full pelt take off.

How are you on riding a rollercoaster ?
I love rollarcoasters for some reason :confused: Maybe my sickness comes from the fear of being unable to control something for myself. No idea. I gues they will weed it out of me, the CFI intends to 'find my limit' next sortie.
Scorg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
I love rollarcoasters for some reason :confused: Maybe my sickness comes from the fear of being unable to control something for myself. No idea. I gues they will weed it out of me, the CFI intends to 'find my limit' next sortie.
Not really in control of a rollercoaster either, although with the amount of design safety on them, there shouldnt be any reason to fear it.

Tell you what I do hate though, Ferris wheels, its the dangling and the rocking from side to side that bothers me. Dont feel ill, but they leave me feeling uneasy.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)
Not really in control of a rollercoaster either, although with the amount of design safety on them, there shouldnt be any reason to fear it.

Tell you what I do hate though, Ferris wheels, its the dangling and the rocking from side to side that bothers me. Dont feel ill, but they leave me feeling uneasy.
Yeah thats true actually but maybe I know what to expect? I've no idea. Are you afraid of heights then?
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah thats true actually but maybe I know what to expect? I've no idea. Are you afraid of heights then?
I dont think so, but I dont enjoy being near edges that have no safety barriers as such, always think I may fall over and down
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hear people that fear edges are actually preventing themselves from throwing themselves off a height? odd
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hear people that fear edges are actually preventing themselves from throwing themselves off a height? odd
I find that a scary thought :s:
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dirts)
And Wzz, good banter, but don't forget, that really you too are still student scum!! How does that tannoy sound again---"Bing bong! Stude for a driving job to Ops...!!"
You'realways learning, remember? And that doesn't happen anymore. Besides, my FMT600's out of date............
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dirts)
Mind you, dude! At least you were in the bar and not around to bite from that one - and I'm off down the pub aswell, now. Goodnight everybody!
yup!
Nikki J S
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)
How did it look for Admin ?

Not too bad at all. Only 2 going from what I can see.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
how was cadets nikki?
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dirts)
You do a whole load of stuff in the centrifuge at farnborough, so you puke, then you do a whole load of airborne puke-exes down at the aero-med place in...can't remember - yeovilton or henlow or somewhere...

Nikki, lovely job for you perhaps?!
Thanks, just the career path I always wanted!! :rolleyes:

The MoD have been more than a bit embarrassed about the contract for the new centrifuge at Henlow. Apparently it cost more to get out of the contract than it would have been for the American company to deliver it. All at taxpayers expense of course :eek:
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Officer and Ground Crew selection are compleatly different things altogether so
The jobs are pretty different too! It's rare to find someone considering both...
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wzz, I was sick on my famil flight good start eh? That earned a spot on the pigz board and a roliking in the crewroom
Well, better to do it early! Some people were always sick. I know a couple of guys who puked virtually every time they went inverted; but I also know a guy who puked every time he flew something with a prop. Controlled it enough, and he's just finished his first tour on the Harrier.

As Dirts says, a lot has to do with not controlling it. You'll find it with G too; you find it easier to brace and avoid G effects when you're pulling it.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
The jobs are pretty different too! It's rare to find someone considering both...
unless they are desperate to get in.......
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)
Not really in control of a rollercoaster either,
No, but you can see everything that's going to affect its movement; eg the track; so that makes a difference. You can't see lumpy air, nor predict which way the QFI'll throw it.........!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Well, better to do it early! Some people were always sick. I know a couple of guys who puked virtually every time they went inverted; but I also know a guy who puked every time he flew something with a prop. Controlled it enough, and he's just finished his first tour on the Harrier.

As Dirts says, a lot has to do with not controlling it. You'll find it with G too; you find it easier to brace and avoid G effects when you're pulling it.
well hopefully I will be over it in a week or two. as I said CFI is determined to get it out of me any way shape or form. I avoid eating anything more than a piece of toast from breakfast!!
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I remember being told that. Apparently fear of heights comes from the sort of personality that wants to throw itself off; the fear kicks in to stop you doing it. If you're not afraid of looking over edges, it's because you don't want to jump off
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
No, but you can see everything that's going to affect its movement; eg the track; so that makes a difference. You can't see lumpy air, nor predict which way the QFI'll throw it.........!
one of the boys came into our airspace quite close and the CFI did steep rolls to warn them without teling me. thats when I lost it
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
Not too bad at all. Only 2 going from what I can see.
That just down to people leaving/retiring?
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)
That just down to people leaving/retiring?
It doesn't really specify. Just says that RAF Admin will be reduced by 2 posts over the next three years. I think it's probably a safe bet to assume these might be from natural wastage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
34.18%
No (518)
65.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed