Scorg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
It doesn't really specify. Just says that RAF Admin will be reduced by 2 posts over the next three years. I think it's probably a safe bet to assume these might be from natural wastage.
Well im happy with that
Had been expecting large cuts in admin with it supposedly going more centralised as well
High Best Cold
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hi all , sublime envy you are a first year in BUAS right ? so you went down too cranwell for medical and apptitude right ? if so you guys were there on the same days as us im from YUAS (yorkshire) . @ lunch on the sunday i sat with a table full of you lot bacuse my lot were all in apptitude but because ive already passed i was dossing in the mess , wow theres a chance we talked on that table lol mad , so what sortie are you up 2? have you been feeling abit sickly after the aeros?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what you look like mate? I was sitting next to one of your lot, blonde haired guy with a livestrong armband.
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
bloody hell mate thats me ! ive still got the thing on ma hand now! were u sat on my left or right?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Im the girl who was sitting on your right. The only girl.
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you were sat on the end of the table right?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yep, black suit, brown curly hair and green eyes
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
so you been feelin a bit funny on ya famil after aero's? what trip are you up 2?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah. 2nd trip was cancelled due to crap weather today so back again sometime in the week to come for 5 days living in.

EDIT: there weren't even any aeros and I was still sick!!
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i was very uneasy on mine , once we got into areos i was ok though but after the harders aeros @ the end i was feeling quite sick didnt puke though . . did u actually puke ....?

im up too effects of controls 2 when i go back , im still @ home @ the mo i only go bk too uni on monday. i got exams and cwork plus my gf bday wen i finsih ma exams so il have too go and see her in liverpool were she is @ uni so il go down and fly after that !

you know vacation detachments ? are they aswell as summer or easter camps or do ya choose either a camp on base of continous flying or so they say or go on detachemnt vacation thingy?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you can choose either camp plus you SVAs you can also go on AT courses. Im signed up for Mountain Leader and mountain first aid.

Yeah I puked! Got on the Pigz board for it

flying about 4 days a week until I go back to uni in Feb. No exams this year so spending most of my days getting most of EFT out the way.
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah good idea ... im thinking of goin too valley too but i bet so is every other uas pilot in the country and theres only a small chance we get a flight in there apparently . might go for linton -on -ouse but its only down road from us so dont see the point . you got msn messenger? wana send it on a pm if u want too ? easier than posting lol
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
sure add me in. my username is the same as here @hotmail.com. Im going to valley with a mate as all I want is to get my hands on a hawk. Could go Leeming I suppose. Most on my UAS want ETs! No hope!
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
sure add me in. my username is the same as here @hotmail.com. Im going to valley with a mate as all I want is to get my hands on a hawk. Could go Leeming I suppose. Most on my UAS want ETs! No hope!

is there a space or an underscore init it says it cant add ya cos you aint got a net passport
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Andy Caldwell)
might go for linton -on -ouse but its only down road from us so dont see the point . you got msn messenger? wana send it on a pm if u want too ? easier than posting lol
You can fly your ass off at Linton on an SVA. Get a FJ passenger medical sorted before you go, or do one at Linton the Friday before/first Monday. Then as soon as you're on a squadron, ask about who's doing the weather ship for the next week and fill its back seat!
dirts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
No, but you can see everything that's going to affect its movement; eg the track; so that makes a difference. You can't see lumpy air, nor predict which way the QFI'll throw it.........!
That's true - but I always found many a funny moment in a sortie came from doing this: during your aeros, tell your instructor you're about to do an aileron roll left, then snap roll right (adapted for the tutor, Wzz!), with the aim of banging your instructor's head off canopy on his side!! If your instructor's got a good sense of humour, it's ok! Never did it with my boss, I must admit!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
welcome back dirts. how was the mess? Pleseantly happy?
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dirts)
tell your instructor you're about to do an aileron roll left, then snap roll right (adapted for the tutor, Wzz!), with the aim of banging your instructor's head off canopy on his side!! If your instructor's got a good sense of humour, it's ok! Never did it with my boss, I must admit!
Managed it once in a Tucano, albeit never in the Bulldog. Didn't try to trick him, just had the gall to roll right for a change. Slight "whump" noise over the intercom followed by a fairly sheepish "yeah, remember, tell me which way you're going when you're rolling.........."

Your boss would have loved it!
dirts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
welcome back dirts. how was the mess? Pleseantly happy?
Yep, the mess was ok, but that was straight after work at 5. A couple of the boys put a barrel on for their promotions, but it died soon after. Just got back from the local (live out now). Is your UAS flying saturdays?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dirts)
Yep, the mess was ok, but that was straight after work at 5. A couple of the boys put a barrel on for their promotions, but it died soon after. Just got back from the local (live out now). Is your UAS flying saturdays?
sometimes although I am up 5 days a week for some time to come and am living in. Want as much flying as possible before university gets underway again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (92)
27.22%
No (246)
72.78%

Watched Threads