Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    yep put down all addresses seeing as you lived there. whats the full question on 2.5?
    ready?! ... Do you have any relatives (including parents, in-laws and step relatives) or close friends with whom you have, or have had, regular contact who are living, or have lived (including deceased) , in Northern Ireland, Ireland or Overseas?

(These relatives are uncle , aunt and cousins. uncle is english and aunt is swedish).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, stick 'em all in! My mum was born in Italy...it makes no difference, but could be a factor if you don't put it in. If you tell them too much then they'll just disregard the bits they don't care about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirts)
    Yeah, stick 'em all in! My mum was born in Italy...it makes no difference, but could be a factor if you don't put it in. If you tell them too much then they'll just disregard the bits they don't care about!
    But theres no where to give details, or do they just ask you later?
    Thought it would look suspicious if you didnt enter it. Sorry i'm really panicy when I'm unsure of what to do!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by melly742)
    ready?! ... Do you have any relatives (including parents, in-laws and step relatives) or close friends with whom you have, or have had, regular contact who are living, or have lived (including deceased) , in Northern Ireland, Ireland or Overseas?

(These relatives are uncle , aunt and cousins. uncle is english and aunt is swedish).
    yep list them. I had to declare all my irish family and how I am a protestant born in the middle east. Needless to say they were quite interested in my security check.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by melly742)
    But theres no where to give details, or do they just ask you later?
    Thought it would look suspicious if you didnt enter it. Sorry i'm really panicy when I'm unsure of what to do!
    just check the box
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Andy Caldwell)
    oh yeah lost track of what day it is lol. yeah and we have too avoid an old womans house @ the weekends lol as she has given nultiple complaints too the mod lol. " things too avoid today , royal flights , Fast jet exercise further north, oh and mrs jones house " lol legend there only bloody grob tutors
    we have to avoid a group of ducks :rolleyes: it does limit us quite a bit too.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    lol legend there only bloody grob tutors
    Yeah, they're worse!! Rather than a big jet noise for half a second, it's a piercing drone for about 5 minutes as they slowly move over. Lower cruising speed = noise for longer.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by dirts)
    Btw, for all the mickey-taking over our rotary brethren, just want to say - good on them for flying in nasty winds that the rest of us are too scared to go up in!!! What a good job our SAR lads and lasses do!!
    Yes, they might look a bit odd and have a habit of wearing DPM and berets, but yup, what he said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    we have to avoid a group of ducks :rolleyes: it does limit us quite a bit too.
    I used to think all these avoids were a pain in the hoop, but then a mate told me to just think of them as a load of SAM sites that you wouldn't want to go into anyway! Still a pain in the hoop, but it provides some kind of...well, you know!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Only one I can remember bonging badly off the top of my head is Gamston. Luckily it was quiet and their tower points the wrong way...... :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by dirts)
    I used to think all these avoids were a pain in the hoop, but then a mate told me to just think of them as a load of SAM sites that you wouldn't want to go into anyway! Still a pain in the hoop, but it provides some kind of...well, you know!
    hey I don't give a rats as long as I can find my way home again! We have two very large airports in our airspace with 747s fighting for room.

ReputationRep:
    Always a going thing is finding your way home! we dont have any 747's lol sure i would if i drifet east into leeds bradford approach airspace . Just pletny of Tucanos around our way ! I love tucano's dunno why i think there cool , sounds alot nicer that turbo prop than tutor engine. had a few apache's knocking around the other day tend to not be a proba as they are alot lower than me unless we aroundthe airfield
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    yeah we have bristol international on the left and Filton on the right. Its all about not pissing off civvy pilots and flying the straight and narrow middle route. god help me solo!

ReputationRep:
    sure i would if i drifet east into leeds bradford approach airspace .
    Do you mean west?!!!

ReputationRep:
    oooops west yeah im not gonna be a pillot am i lol ! if i flew east long enough id get in the airspace eventually :aetsch:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    No, you'd end up in the North Sea.......
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    lol good nav skills already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wzz)
    No, you'd end up in the North Sea.......
    SSSSSHHHHHH !
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    SSSSSHHHHHH !
    lol heard its a lovely warm place that. Nice for swimming.

haha no worries I have no spacial awareness whatsoever. I keep forgetting the damn thing has a 10m wingspan! :rolleyes:

'gate? what gate?!?' *kerthunk*

ReputationRep:
    that when you taxy

yeah its mad init , im shite @ taxying mind you only did it once lol

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.