BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cwarranto)
Sounds to me like some of you lot should stick to flying mahogany bombers!!! That way, no-one gets hurt!
I shall learn all, then everyone will be in trouble

EDIT: yeah thats was a bit harsh! :rolleyes:
Nikki J S
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
oh wow. how come??

Terrible bloody weather!. I live in quite an exposed area, so the whole village was out!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
anyone know if women can join any of the special forces? If so which ones and in what kind of roles?
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
anyone know if women can join any of the special forces? If so which ones and in what kind of roles?

Not thinking of changing already are you?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
Not thinking of changing already are you?
not yet just always been interested in finding out my limits. I would have to spend years training for even the selection course though.
dirts
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Absolutely. Haven't you seen James Bond...the women can be even more lethal than the men! Except for Jimmy himself, of course!! Any more detail, you'll have to wait till IOT, I'm afraid...
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dirts)
Absolutely. Haven't you seen James Bond...the women can be even more lethal than the men! Except for Jimmy himself, of course!! Any more detail, you'll have to wait till IOT, I'm afraid...
hmmm someone told me I can't though I think they are bias. I would love to go special forces but Im not big and scary like some army women I've seen!
REME-Bod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hmmm someone told me I can't though I think they are bias. I would love to go special forces but Im not big and scary like some army women I've seen!
There were a couple of "ladies" who attempted the All Arms Commando Course a couple of years ago. I think only one of them was successful though.

And i use the word "ladies" very loosely. I wouldn't have liked to have met any of them in a dark alley.

btw... Happy New Year all.

this thread takes a LOT of reading if you leave it alone for a couple of weeks!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
welcome back!!!

Look I got the thread put as a sticky

Yeah I know the girl who went on the commando course indirectly. She failed it but they passed her as there was a lot of media attention. Shes quite small and thin actually. Not beefy at all.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by REME-Bod)
Happy New Year. Have you joined the air force yet?

And I wouldn't bother, most of it's crap banter
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by REME-Bod)
There were a couple of "ladies" who attempted the All Arms Commando Course a couple of years ago. I think only one of them was successful though.

And i use the word "ladies" very loosely. I wouldn't have liked to have met any of them in a dark alley.

btw... Happy New Year all.

REME...You're back!! :hello: Heard anything yet?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
REME...You're back!! :hello: Heard anything yet?
-points at the barbie avatar-

when I was a kid, me and my brother would play commandos and go on missions to steal my sisters barbies. Then we would hold them hostage for toys and if we didn't get anything we would burn them or pull them apart She was only 5 bless.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I would love to go special forces but Im not big and scary like some army women I've seen!
lol.Well, at a size 10, I wouldn't describe myself as big and scary, but still managed to carry a 120lb bergen (almost my body weight) over a 100m's at camp at Coltishall. Mind you, I was almost bent double and only just managed it!!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol.Well, at a size 10, I wouldn't describe myself as big and scary, but still managed to carry a 120lb bergen (almost my body weight) over a 100m's at camp at Coltishall. Mind you, I was almost bent double and only just managed it!!
I reckon its to do with strength of mind too. And generally women have a lot of it!

you not on msn?
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
:eek: :eek: How could you??? I used to put bandages and plasters on mine Must have inspired us both to our future careers
I won't talk about what I did with my toys then :rolleyes:
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
[QUOTE=Nikki J S]

I'm not plastic though

:eek: :eek: How could you??? I used to put bandages and plasters on mine Must have inspired us both to our future careers
absolutly! I hated the things
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Absolutely.

Only to check my e-mails. Still trying to revise for my chem exam. Keep getting distracted though!!

maybe msn isn't a good idea then! Hows it going? I did chem at uni the first time round but god help me if I remember any of it!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Interesting.....from a psychological perspective! I was always a girly kinda girl.
yes I suppose so. I wasn't a girly girl. I am more so now though. Bit of a tomboy growing up. Playing commandos and things like that. Just to love making massive tents and going on missions with my brothers.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you can try me but its been awhile! 2 years since I sat chem at uni!
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hi all hows it going today hey not related but does ne1 play any flight simms online?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (298)
34.1%
No (576)
65.9%

Watched Threads