The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BlackHawk
yeah but apparently not all the course work and lab books :mad:

You've changed your name!! Why the change, and why to BlackHawk, sounds sinister :eek:
muhahaha! I guess it does sound sinister :biggrin: I just had a personal reason for doing it. *cough* stalker
BlackHawk
muhahaha! I guess it does sound sinister :biggrin: I just had a personal reason for doing it. *cough* stalker

Your avatar is the same, so they'll probably know you've just changed the name :smile: Who's the stalker?
Nikki J S
Your avatar is the same, so they'll probably know you've just changed the name :smile: Who's the stalker?
ahh my msn is acting up and won't let me sign back in. promise I didn't do it on purpose lol. I will tell you on there. :smile:
Reply 3064
BlackHawk
ahh my msn is acting up and won't let me sign back in. promise I didn't do it on purpose lol. I will tell you on there. :smile:

so your a helecopter now ? :wink:

hopefully this stalker isnt able to boot two and two together and notice posts by a person who they dont recognise now :smile:

me hides :smile:
Scorg
so your a helecopter now ? :wink:

hopefully this stalker isnt able to boot two and two together and notice posts by a person who they dont recognise now :smile:

me hides :smile:

I doubt he's that clever. He is a ma.....:biggrin:
hey Nikki very good luck to ya, i think you'll see my boyfriend, his names Nick, hes just travelled up there today for his selection. I have mine on the 20th, anyone got thiers around then?

I'm also friends with a rob who's going there tomorrow, you may see him aswell! btw i hope all went well for rab from biggin hill! btw rob its sarah! (ramsgate sqn) funny i happened to stumble across you on here!

Just a few questions, what stuff shall i take e.g. essentials, i know the basics but any more info would be much appreciated!

Sgt Sezzle
Sgt_Sezzle
hey Nikki very good luck to ya, i think you'll see my boyfriend, his names Nick, hes just travelled up there today for his selection. I have mine on the 20th, anyone got thiers around then?

I'm also friends with a rob who's going there tomorrow, you may see him aswell! btw i hope all went well for rab from biggin hill! btw rob its sarah! (ramsgate sqn) funny i happened to stumble across you on here!

Just a few questions, what stuff shall i take e.g. essentials, i know the basics but any more info would be much appreciated!

Sgt Sezzle

hairdryer and straighteners are a must. and remember a towel! :smile:
he he cool , must remember those! i know this seems a weird question but i feel i should know! but do you wear a bra to ur medical or not? :rolleyes:
yes bra and knickers. a few girls in my group got the piss taken for wearing thongs. The medical isn't too bad and you can ask for a woman if you prefer :smile:

EDIT: and rememeber some money for the bar! The is bowling on the base too.
yea i was planning on getting some 'sensible' underwear lol. does anyone have any idea what some of the measurments are for pilot? i just know i'm gonna be too small and light :frown: i heard the knee to buttock length is 56cm to 66cm, where exactly would you measure that from, because if i was doing it right, i'm a whole 10cm to short!!! :bawling:

damn my vertically challenged-ness :hmpf:
HEY THERE, I AM A STUDANT IN MANCHESTER, AND KNOW THAT THERE ARE ABOUT 45 SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PEOPLE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 17-29, THESE ARE FOR ABOUT ROUGHLY 15 HOURS OF YOUR NPPL (national private pilots licence) which is a total of 32 hours. If you apply a year before 17, e.g 16, your course will commence at the age of 17, this course can eaven run alongside A level courses.
As for GCSE subjects, I chose electronics and geography, along with 3 sciences, maths, statistics, 2 english, IT , French and RE

Danny
Reply 3072
BlackHawk
EDIT: and rememeber some money for the bar! The is bowling on the base too.

... and if you decide to head out bowling on one of the nights of your selection, perhaps you should be taking the 16 year hotly-contested career you're after a little more seriously :wink:

Besides, it's in the airmens' club! I'd take it easy in the bar too. Plenty of time to get pissed on the cheap once you've joined, rather than when you're trying to. Smell of beer on your interview and see how far you get.
Reply 3073
Sgt_Sezzle
i heard the knee to buttock length is 56cm to 66cm, where exactly would you measure that from, because if i was doing it right, i'm a whole 10cm to short!!!

Unsurprisingly, it's measured from your buttock to your knee when sitting with your knees bent to 90 degrees.
Reply 3074
Danny_AQA
HEY THERE, I AM A STUDANT IN MANCHESTER, AND KNOW THAT THERE ARE ABOUT 45 SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PEOPLE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 17-29, THESE ARE FOR ABOUT ROUGHLY 15 HOURS OF YOUR NPPL (national private pilots licence) which is a total of 32 hours. If you apply a year before 17, e.g 16, your course will commence at the age of 17, this course can eaven run alongside A level courses.
As for GCSE subjects, I chose electronics and geography, along with 3 sciences, maths, statistics, 2 english, IT , French and RE

Well, that's terribly nice. Want to tell us what the hell you're talking about? I don't recall anyone on this thread asking you about your GCSE results, and as far as I'm aware the RAF doesn't offer flying scholarships anymore. And if they're thinking about starting them again, then they should bloody stop fairly quickly!
Reply 3075
Hear Hear!
Wzz
... and if you decide to head out bowling on one of the nights of your selection, perhaps you should be taking the 16 year hotly-contested career you're after a little more seriously :wink:

Besides, it's in the airmens' club! I'd take it easy in the bar too. Plenty of time to get pissed on the cheap once you've joined, rather than when you're trying to. Smell of beer on your interview and see how far you get.

Lol yes, i dont think somehow i will be going bowling! i think a whole eveing of last minute revision will be in progress at that time! and erm, some how i think even if i touch a drop of alcohol there i will get chucked off the selection seeing as i'm only 16.... :rolleyes:

lol i know its measured from the buttocks! lol but where??? i do happen to have a large back side you know... :hmpf:

thanks!
You see i'd be ok if that was the required measurment for hip to knee length! :embarasse
Reply 3078
I am right at the start of my process to *hopefully* join the RAF (I want to join as a weapons systems officer), but reading this thread raises some questions.
I have my initial 3 hour presentation at AFCO on the 17th, so I know I have a long way to go yet... Any tips for the presentation ? I guess it is just a case of turn up smartly dressed and take a many notes as possible ???? Are we even allowed to take notes ?
Reply 3079
Sgt_Sezzle
lol i know its measured from the buttocks! lol but where??? i do happen to have a large back side you know... :hmpf:

thanks!

Imagine a metal chair, with a solid frame. Sit on it. Push your backside up against the back as much as you can, so your back and shoulders are pushed up against it. Put your feet flat on the floor. Imagine a vertical plate pushed up against your knees. The distance between this plate and the back of the chair you're pressed against is your buttock-knee length.

Latest