The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nikki J S
Oh, and one of the old chaps going is an ex Spitfire Pilot who flew in the battle of Britain. He's got some fantastic stories to tell about that time.
Now that I would find facinating. :smile:
Scorg
Yeah, it will be fine, you'll have fun, you'll learn stuff and you'll have some free food at some point :biggrin:
Ballroom dancing, well that could be interesting. If you like your classical Viennese Waltz as well maybe :wink:
But that make a change from us scots having to do traditional scottish country dancing!

lol. Did you get that stuff I e-mailed ? My hotmail account is playing up again so I sent it from another one (My hotmail account is very temperamental to say the least!!). It didn't like tha attachments; I think I've got that much security software on my pc it thought the attachments were pop-ups! :rolleyes:
Reply 3642
Im off to eastfortune museum of flight on wednesday (concorde opening day :biggrin:) and our little groups managed to get a guided tour of the museum by a ww2 vet, which should make for some interesting stories when we visit the spitfire and the Komet within the military hanger
Scorg
But that make a change from us scots having to do traditional scottish country dancing!

Nothing wrong with that. :wink:
Reply 3644
Nikki J S
lol. Did you get that stuff I e-mailed ? My hotmail account is playing up again so I sent it from another one (My hotmail account is very temperamental to say the least!!). It didn't like tha attachments; I think I've got that much security software on my pc it thought the attachments were pop-ups! :rolleyes:

Yes I did receave them thanks :smile:
I replied to your hotmail account but if its being a bugger with its mail filters or that popup filters gone a bit insane then you'll not seen it yet.
I'll let you know how I get on with it all anyways
Reply 3645
Nikki J S
Nothing wrong with that. :wink:

When we have one of the song/dances called the Gay Gordan it does make you cringe in todays world :rolleyes:
Scorg
When we have one of the song/dances called the Gay Gordan it does make you cringe in todays world :rolleyes:

LOL :biggrin: Now that really did make me grin!! :biggrin:
We'll probably get told off again for going off topic. How can we link that into the RAF??? :biggrin:
Reply 3648
Nikki J S
We'll probably get told off again for going off topic. How can we link that into the RAF??? :biggrin:

After work hours clubs and groups :smile:
Reply 3649
BlackHawk
LOL reminds me of our annual dinner when I was speaking to Sir Peter Squire. Nice chap. Was dared to say 'Sir would you like a boot licking now or later for recommeding me to the RAF?' I errm didn't :redface:

I've told an AVM he's a variety of rude things for not playing a mess game. He played, and beat me. Good bloke :smile:

Sir Pete would have quite happily responded to that sort of banter. The first time I met him I forgot to salute; I was amazed to meet someone in the RAF shorter than me and couldn't remember if you salute in a hangar..... :rolleyes:
Reply 3650
Scorg
After work hours clubs and groups :smile:

Which RAF are you joining? :redface:
Wzz

You mean we dont get to do ballroom dancing or scottish country dancing in after work clubs? :p: :wink:
Wzz
I've told an AVM he's a variety of rude things for not playing a mess game. He played, and beat me. Good bloke :smile:

Sir Pete would have quite happily responded to that sort of banter. The first time I met him I forgot to salute; I was amazed to meet someone in the RAF shorter than me and couldn't remember if you salute in a hangar..... :rolleyes:

:redface: sound slike a good officer to me, I hop there are more like that. He is definatly one of my favorite characters. His opening line to me was 'Ahhh yes Nic, heard so much about you and you're absolutly mad woman!' lol
Reply 3653
His head was huge, but other than that, nice bloke. His opening line to me was "****, if you expect me to put that thing on I hope you're planning on remaining a career Flying Officer..."

:rolleyes:
Reply 3654
Wzz

always thought they expected more from an officer, going beyond duty to do extra stuff after work hours, but if thats not the case i'll gladly forget all my forced upon me at school dancing stuff :wink:
Reply 3655
Nikki J S
You mean we dont get to do ballroom dancing or scottish country dancing in after work clubs? :p: :wink:

Maybe Wzz is suggesting its a drinkathon instead :biggrin:
Scorg

"Now now, the RAF does not promote the ideal of drinking but we do advocate it"

Or so I keep getting told :biggrin:
Reply 3657
BlackHawk
"Now now, the RAF does not promote the ideal of drinking but we do advocate it"

Or so I keep getting told :biggrin:

that settles it, i'll have a beer when I get back from college(argh, got over a year to go on this maths stuff)! :biggrin:
Scorg

No doubt he was!! From the officers I know, it often doesn't end 'til one of them is violently sick, or can no longer remember where they are. And they can even make it last an entire weekend (or at least that's I've been told :wink: ) :biggrin: You'd definitely be able to get them to do the 'Gay Gordon' whilst in that state. :p:
Reply 3659
Nikki J S
No doubt he was!! From the officers I know, it often doesn't end 'til one of them is violently sick, or can no longer remember where they are. And they can even make it last an entire weekend (or at least that's I've been told :wink: ) :biggrin: You'd definitely be able to get them to do the 'Gay Gordon' whilst in that state. :p:

speakin o which, do they gin you in the mess? if so i don't reckon i can join, my gag reflex has already been fine tuned to the smell of bombay sapphire!

Latest