• CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
"Now now, the RAF does not promote the ideal of drinking but we do advocate it"

Or so I keep getting told
In fact, we idealise it. I'm off back to the bar. No-one email me any questions.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
No doubt he was!! From the officers I know, it often doesn't end 'til one of them is violently sick, or can no longer remember where they are. And they can even make it last an entire weekend (or at least that's I've been told ) You'd definitely be able to get them to do the 'Gay Gordon' whilst in that state. :p:
I don't have any mates called Gordon, but I do know of one who's probably gay, and I won't do anything to him no matter how much you make me drink over a weekend.....!!

It comes from WW2, so they tell me. Your mates might die any day, and it's all very random in the air, so you drink to cope

Actually, we drink because the weather's ****, but there you go....
Debussy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
It comes from WW2, so they tell me. Your mates might die any day, and it's all very random in the air, so you drink to cope

and the alcohol's cheaper than a brazillian prostitute (NB. i have only paid for one of these... have a guess which )
ricurtis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by medic_bex)
and the alcohol's cheaper than a brazillian prostitute (NB. i have only paid for one of these... have a guess which )
Did you enjoy your time in Brazil then ?

Edit: I should point out, I was only messing - not trying to say anything about you !!!
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ricurtis)
Did you enjoy your time in Brazil then ?
...(sigh) i never said it was in Brazil...
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
No, you forget away. Although actually, if you remember, you'll be the boy at Xmas Draws and the suchlike.......
Sounds about right, it was always dragged out for us to do on the leadup to christmas, odd thing was we never done anything with it, no competitions or anything. At least not at secondry school, done some at primary.

Not to sure on what you mean by Xmas Draws?
but if its what I think it is, i'll be hiding come christmas time and I know nothing, honist! :rolleyes:
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
I don't have any mates called Gordon, but I do know of one who's probably gay, and I won't do anything to him no matter how much you make me drink over a weekend.....!!
Had someone at my school year called Gordan, damn did they ever get so much mick taken out of them during christmas due to that dance :rolleyes:

so all the Tea drinking was a cover up, they had whiskey in the mugs afterall!!

Dont need an excuse to drink
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=Nikki J S]
Yeah, yeah. Bloody British weather, you can never rely on it (well maybe it cna be relied on to get you plenty of drinking time!!
thats why you need to get onto a tornado sqn
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thats why you need to get onto a tornado sqn
not atm up here, its excersise time for a few F3 and GR4 sqn's, having to do some night and wet flying
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)
not atm up here, its excersise time for a few F3 and GR4 sqn's, having to do some night and wet flying
at least they get to go places though!
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)

Good job I'm not going until summer then, the weather should be much warmer; although the summer storms can be terrible
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Good job I'm not going until summer then, the weather should be much warmer; although the summer storms can be terrible
at leuchars?? lol good luck, the sun never shines up there :p:
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what summer storms? it never leaves winter around here
Nah its not that bad, can get some lovely days here and nice evenings. It may rain but storm wise doesnt happen often, 3 or so monsoon like days with thunder last year, 1 the year before that. Its when your car starts to float down the road, thats when you should worry :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
at leuchars?? lol good luck, the sun never shines up there :p:
pff!! the sun does shine here honist!

have a look at these pics at leuchars from last week, gorgeous sun I tell you!

http://tinyurl.com/5g9aj
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why are you drinking to cope, when you can barely remember the story, and keep telling us how safe flying is? :p:
Tradition
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you know what? pictures like that make me want to be a pilot!

aside from the fact that i'm gonna be a doctor instead and have the hand-eye coordination of a blind donkey... i'm gonna get 'plane envy' every time i speak to pilots now.

i'll have to get a big shiny sports car to compensate. a bit like short, balding men do
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i'm gonna get 'plane envy' every time i speak to pilots now.

i'll have to get a big shiny sports car to compensate. a bit like short, balding men do
LOL is that a different form of penis envy then?

Its not fun, let me tell you

plane ebvy that is :p:
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you know what? pictures like that make me want to be a pilot!

aside from the fact that i'm gonna be a doctor instead and have the hand-eye coordination of a blind donkey... i'm gonna get 'plane envy' every time i speak to pilots now.

I am as blind as a donkey(do they have bad eyesight?) so cant fly, but I agree, biy shiny sports car, already been shopping for mines waiting for the day I can afford one

although, did see alot of Porsche boxters and Nissan Z's park outside 56 sqn building at leuchars. So they have both
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't, you'll get me drooling lol
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
please tell me you're talkin about the plane; not images of me stood holding metres of small intestine and being asked to look whats inside!
I'd really hope its that pic of the F3 on final approach too
and that description, doesnt that sound lovely :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads