BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wizzcidd)
any1 know the liklyhood of the pilots per year figer rising back 2 60 or thereabouts in the futer?
I just stated what I knew to be true about pilot figures. 115 give or take a few this year.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by White)
There are 2 placements for pilot in the next 18 months in the air force- this is a fact.
evidence?
(Original post by White)
Still think you stand a chance at OASC?
hell yes I do.
(Original post by White)
Im sure the chances of becoming a nuclear physicist are much higher, maybe a career change is appropriate?
Yes, maybe you should look into it, I hear they are desperate for them. Myself, I am comitted to what I love and I would go the distance to get it.

(Original post by White)
ha ha ha...sorry, ive met more wannabee pilots than I can handle, all but one have made me laugh.
Curious how mislead you are in your 'facts' then if you know so many. Also your sterotyping is wonderful. Maybe you met all these 'wannabes' as an Air Cadet?

(Original post by White)
Good luck at OASC....all.....8 or so parts...not to mention good luck on IOT....all 20 weeks (yes, now split into 3 sections of 10..do your studying if your confused)
You seem to be confused. 24 weeks, extending to 30 with 10 week blocks broken up by 2 weeks of leave after each block.
(Original post by White)
...then good luck on your elementary flying training....etc...etc...
Thanks, although from my sortie reports I don't need much of it, after all it takes more than luck. Besides I would rather rely on my own knowledge and confidence than luck.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
any1 know the liklyhood of the pilots per year figer rising back 2 60 or thereabouts in the futer?
60 was an IPS figure- into productive service, that's fast jet pilots spat out of the end of the training system. There's a similar IPS figure for the other streams. The FJ IPS fell to 45 and is slipping a little lower.

To feed an IPS of 45 FJ and the other ones, they need an Into Training Target; an ITT; of around 100. So there are around 100 spaces this year.
ThomA2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Hey, I'm in the most recent IOT video

I've met a couple of people I recognised from that DVD. I gave that "do I know you?" look and before I could open my mouth they groaned "the video" and rolled their eyes. Heheh.

Assuming I have the most recent one, where in it are you?
Ullevi
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
60 was an IPS figure- into productive service, that's fast jet pilots spat out of the end of the training system. There's a similar IPS figure for the other streams. The FJ IPS fell to 45 and is slipping a little lower.

To feed an IPS of 45 FJ and the other ones, they need an Into Training Target; an ITT; of around 100. So there are around 100 spaces this year.
What were the normal recruiting levels for pilots each year before the cuts were introduced? And how long do you think it will be before the RAF reaches those levels again, if ever?
wizzcidd
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ullevi)
What were the normal recruiting levels for pilots each year before the cuts were introduced? And how long do you think it will be before the RAF reaches those levels again, if ever?
soz evy1 dat was sorta wot i wanted 2 ask :willy:
REME-Bod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
soz evy1 dat was sorta wot i wanted 2 ask :willy:
in English?
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
he said:

soz everyone, that was sorta what i wanted to ask 'bumble bee thingy'

durr!
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by medic_bex)
he said:

soz everyone, that was sorta what i wanted to ask 'bumble bee thingy'

durr!
To repeat what I've said this on this thread before... you can't deliver a set of Orders via a text message.
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
to be fair, i'm not entirely sure what he's asking either... not been keeping very up-to-date on this thread recently, the very superficial parts of my brain have been involved in idle and mundane conversation on the general chat threads. this is what the holidays does to you
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by medic_bex)
to be fair, i'm not entirely sure what he's asking either... not been keeping very up-to-date on this thread recently, the very superficial parts of my brain have been involved in idle and mundane conversation on the general chat threads. this is what the holidays does to you

I know what you mean :rolleyes:
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by REME-Bod)
in English?

REME, you're back
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
REME, you're back
I am?

Oh.. yes... I suppose I am.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am?

Oh.. yes... I suppose I am.

You haven't been around for aaaages. Well, not posting anyway
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
You haven't been around for aaaages. Well, not posting anyway
I was going to read through the last thousand or so posts that I've missed, but then thought better of it. I'm sure I've not missed any scandal or intrigue. :rolleyes:
Scorg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was going to read through the last thousand or so posts that I've missed, but then thought better of it. I'm sure I've not missed any scandal or intrigue. :rolleyes:
you'd be suprised what you have missed
cwarranto
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
You seem to be confused. 24 weeks, extending to 30 with 10 week blocks broken up by 2 weeks of leave after each block.
Quite correct BH. Although don't expect a shiny "ticket to go home to mom" pass. Seems that the weeks leave is for IOT-ers to brush up on the past weeks training...so that it actually sinks in this time. Also seems that they might be getting tagged for working with the MPGS!

Bzz, Gate goes up. Bzz, Gate goes down.
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cwarranto)
Also seems that they might be getting tagged for working with the MPGS!

Bzz, Gate goes up. Bzz, Gate goes down.
Joy! And I thought those days were well behind me
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

What around here? Of course not
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
who killed this thread :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (93)
27.03%
No (251)
72.97%

Watched Threads